Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    he problem with getting back into a 9mm CZ platform is the quest for Mags.
    I gave up a box full when the Phantom found a new home.
    Not sure I want to get into that again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The range trip with WTB was great this morning but, with three frustrations. First, I'm still having issues with the eye and have no idea which is dominant at this point. Second, the cheap light I've been using does not like being run on a .40. That means there's more money to be spent on a quality pistol light. Third, the 147g reloads sure do not like the P07. While these run fine in a Sig P938, they don't like CZs at all. The first round would not even allow the slide to close and was jammed in there hard enough that when I finally got the slide to open, it left the bullet in the chamber. What sucks is that I have something like 750 of those ready to reload and just about all of the guns I have to run them in don't like them. I'll continue to work on the seating depth in Quickload to see if there's some useful load I can generate for them. Published seating depths sure don't work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The range trip with WTB was great this morning but, with three frustrations. First, I'm still having issues with the eye and have no idea which is dominant at this point. Second, the cheap light I've been using does not like being run on a .40. That means there's more money to be spent on a quality pistol light. Third, the 147g reloads sure do not like the P07. While these run fine in a Sig P938, they don't like CZs at all. The first round would not even allow the slide to close and was jammed in there hard enough that when I finally got the slide to open, it left the bullet in the chamber. What sucks is that I have something like 750 of those ready to reload and just about all of the guns I have to run them in don't like them. I'll continue to work on the seating depth in Quickload to see if there's some useful load I can generate for them. Published seating depths sure don't work.

If it is a chambering issue the weight might not be a factor.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood

I have a similar, albeit it less dramatic, issue with 147's in my 75b. They just don't want to go all the way in. Usually a little tap on the back of the slide will fix the issue and get the slide all the way into battery but it is a pain. I run the same reloads through my SP-01 Tactical and I have no issues. Seems like some chambers might be tight? Not sure. Just wanted you to know you are not the only person with this issue. I've found 147's to be very finickey when it comes to running them in a broad spectrum of 9mm's. For example, they run fine in my Sig P226 but won't run for poo in my friend's Sig P6. I think the bullet profile has something to do with it and probably the tightness of the chamber.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    CZ are known for having short chambers. I've read a lot from reloaders on various forums who pull their hair out trying to figure it out. That's one of many reasons I just use factory ammo. I run 147 factory in all my CZ nines and have never had an issue.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Make a circle with your thumb and index finger, pick an object and center it in the circle with both eyes open. Then close each eye one at a time and the eye that is open when the object is centered in the hole is your dominant. Paul Howe taught me that!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The problem I'm having with the 147s is with their profile. It's not a huge issue right now as my Sig runs them just fine. I'll start playing around with Quickload to see how short I can go without a dangerous pressure spike, but even that's not a high priority. I like running 147s for SD and they always run fine. It's just the lead reloads that choke in the CZs, any factory 147s have run well.

Make a circle with your thumb and index finger, pick an object and center it in the circle with both eyes open. Then close each eye one at a time and the eye that is open when the object is centered in the hole is your dominant. Paul Howe taught me that!

That's kind of what I was doing, but with the two handed triangle method. I used to be solid right eye dominant, but then had a medical issue in February that damaged the right eye. Since then, when I check for dominance, sometimes it's right, other times it's left. I think that my brain is trying to compensate for the loss of vision in part of the right eye but it's still a struggle. Until then, I just need to close one eye when shooting. I just don't know which one just yet. I do know enough to not shoot with both of them closed though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, forgot to mention, I sold my Glock 27 this afternoon. Loved the little gun, but since getting the Sig P938 I have not carried it. Now, with the bunch of CZs bought this spring, something had to go and it was the most logical one to move to a new home.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    flag-of-czech-republic_zpsgjcvg16p.gif
    Hey it's 2:30 am and I am setting here contemplating the complexities of the cosmos. A thought occurred to me: Maybe I should change my INGO handle to .45 ACP, Because...

45%20short%20fat%20slow_zpsjxamfsqv.jpg

That is all, carry on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom