• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Decided it has been a little while since I've bought mags for the ARs (it's actually only been like a month) and I think I'll get some PMAGs since I really haven't bought them in a while. Do you all prefer the Gen 3s over the Gen 2s? I can buy more of the Gen 2 PMAGs plus the dust covers and still come up about even or less money than buying fewer Gen 3s. Are the newer ones all that much better? I have never had an issue with any PMAG, regardless of generation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Decided it has been a little while since I've bought mags for the ARs (it's actually only been like a month) and I think I'll get some PMAGs since I really haven't bought them in a while. Do you all prefer the Gen 3s over the Gen 2s? I can buy more of the Gen 2 PMAGs plus the dust covers and still come up about even or less money than buying fewer Gen 3s. Are the newer ones all that much better? I have never had an issue with any PMAG, regardless of generation.

I have Gen-2 I believe and never an issue.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a handful of the gen 2's. I decided after I bought them I that I'd prefer to have a metal mag because over time pmags have been known to have the feed lips spread if not stored with the covers on. That said, my only other alternative right now is the palmetto GI mags and since I dont want their name on anything I own, they will be getting sold at some point. I don't have a clue what I will replace them with right now...

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have a handful of the gen 2's. I decided after I bought them I that I'd prefer to have a metal mag because over time pmags have been known to have the feed lips spread if not stored with the covers on. That said, my only other alternative right now is the palmetto GI mags and since I dont want their name on anything I own, they will be getting sold at some point. I don't have a clue what I will replace them with right now...

I have mostly aluminum GI style mags, mostly from PSA. They have worked well for me. These are the mags I keep loaded, not PMAGS because of the problems you mentioned. I know of your falling out with PSA, so whenever you decide to get rid of them I might be able to take them off of your hands.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have mostly aluminum GI style mags, mostly from PSA. They have worked well for me. These are the mags I keep loaded, not PMAGS because of the problems you mentioned. I know of your falling out with PSA, so whenever you decide to get rid of them I might be able to take them off of your hands.
    I will keep you in mind. I'll let them go cheap. I don't have any idea what I'm doing right now (hell im completely lost at work right now, just spent 1/2 hour looking for something that does not exist) cannot afford to replace anything currently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom