Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning BA, CM. I wish i could sleep, thinking about Mom. Sorry to hear about your break in CM, I hate thieves. I'll let you know when the Shadow 2's arrive. Do you want me to put your name on one?

Having lost my dad a few years ago I have great sympathy for you, Chris. I definitely know what you're going through. I wish I could tell you that it gets easier but we both know better than that. Prayers for you and yours.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning everyone.

Chris, I hope you are able to get some rest soon. We are still dealing with the losses we suffered last year, not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Last night I went over to my aunts house with my parents, she's the one who lost her daughter last summer. She was having a pretty rough time last night so we gave her some company. It's when you're alone that it hurts the worst. My aunt gave my dad and I necklaces with little vials containing some of her ashes, so now we can take her anywhere. I was pretty proud of her because she put the ashes in the little containers herself. Not sure I could have done the same....

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Later this year we plan on taking the ashes of Mom, my two deceased sisters and my step dad to Tennessee where we grew up and spreading them there. CM, you would have liked my step dad, he was one of the original founders of the Long Beach Grand Prix. He loved racing. He was a WWII navy vet who survived his ship being sunk by the Japanese.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Later this year we plan on taking the ashes of Mom, my two deceased sisters and my step dad to Tennessee where we grew up and spreading them there. CM, you would have liked my step dad, he was one of the original founders of the Long Beach Grand Prix. He loved racing. He was a WWII navy vet who survived his ship being sunk by the Japanese.

I'd love to know what ship that was, Chris.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Been to that event with Dick Simon Racing. One of my favorite shows to run.
    Chris, time will mend some of this for you.
    Memory's of loved ones never pass. The come and go but they never go away.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning everyone! :coffee:

Sorry to hear about the truck break-in CM. We've been fortunate in only having been robbed a couple of times in the last 30 years. It sucks to come out and find that you've been violated. That s#1t really gets under my skin.

Chris, I hope this tough time passes for you soon. It's been 15 years this month since I lost my father. I think his loss did not hit me until about 2 weeks after he died. There was so much to do that we all just got about doing it and then when all was done and things tried to return to normal, it hits you that you can't have the old normal. Some of the things that helped me was to focus on how lucky I was to have had him in my life. His bar is in my basement and a large photo of him is behind the bar. I still, and probably always will, sit at the bar with a beer and talk to him sometimes.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That sounds like a nice gesture, Chris. Sometime around Mother's Day the whole famn damily is headed to Chicago to bury my grandmothers ashes with her sister.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    No Cris. Right now I am focusing on other things.

I might have to pick one up and just let you shoot it..You are part of the family...along with everyone else here. You guys will never know how much your thoughts and prayers help getting Henri and I thru this. Please except our heart felt thanks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I might have to pick one up and just let you shoot it..You are part of the family...along with everyone else here. You guys will never know how much your thoughts and prayers help getting Henri and I thru this. Please except our heart felt thanks.

We have all been where you are Chris.
    Spouse and I both have no living parents. It is the way of things.
    I envy you all for the memory's you have of your parents. I really do not miss mine. I do truly miss my dear MIL who passed a year ago. She was a wonderful and loving woman. Hinge pin of the family. Christmas was so empty with out her this year. The G-kids filled the void thankfully.

If you get one heck yes I want to shoot it.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Thieves are like cockroaches and need to be squashed.

I want Wizard's 85 as well but no $$. I bought a lottery ticket to buy it for fun. I doubt it will pay out. The Czickness is causing me to gamble. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom