churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, he's taking trades?

Yeah that is the only way I could pull this off. It is a stellar example that would be wasted on 90% of the folks that might buy it. If he says OK I am in. If not no worries and some lucky devil will get a seriously nice stainless loaded full of mouse love.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

No shooting for me this weekend. Instead, I spent the day with my son, watching him run an autocross up at Grissom. We were up until 1am Friday night trying to replace the front bushings in his car, but called it a night after we got about 60% done on the work. Since his car was not ready, I let him run it in mine. What a great time! I've toyed with doing autocross myself and after helping him out, think that I might start running one of the cars next spring. Not sure which one though. I have an '80 Fiat X1/9 that would be fantastic for it, but the car needs some TLC. My '69 would be good to run, but lacks rollover protection, so that would need to be addressed. My new Spider did well on Saturday with a time that would have placed him second in his class, but since he has swapped cars at the last minute, he was running it against higher powered cars. The main thing that car needs is a wheel and tire package to get rid of the all season tires.
    37591454001_3b388cdb29_c.jpg
    [/URL]Brent at an SCCA event by Tim Piscitelli, on Flickr[/IMG]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

No shooting for me this weekend. Instead, I spent the day with my son, watching him run an autocross up at Grissom. We were up until 1am Friday night trying to replace the front bushings in his car, but called it a night after we got about 60% done on the work. Since his car was not ready, I let him run it in mine. What a great time! I've toyed with doing autocross myself and after helping him out, think that I might start running one of the cars next spring. Not sure which one though. I have an '80 Fiat X1/9 that would be fantastic for it, but the car needs some TLC. My '69 would be good to run, but lacks rollover protection, so that would need to be addressed. My new Spider did well on Saturday with a time that would have placed him second in his class, but since he has swapped cars at the last minute, he was running it against higher powered cars. The main thing that car needs is a wheel and tire package to get rid of the all season tires.
    37591454001_3b388cdb29_c.jpg
    [/URL]Brent at an SCCA event by Tim Piscitelli, on Flickr[/IMG]

I ran the SCCA version of this back in the id 70's in a 67 corvette. Man that was a handful with the power and tire tech of the day. I was a whole lot faster than I was good. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Quiet on the forum in general, too bad on the 1911. We've lost a good many friends/posters over the years, life is pretty crazy. That's a sharp 45, so,ebony is going to get a sweet piece.

If he is getting that SA Loaded yes he is. A seriously sweet piece.

Yes life does get pretty intense.

The forum has changed a good deal over the years. People come and people go. This time of the year is always quite. Winter will change that.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Stopped by one of my favorite LGS and saw that they got a black and bronze 10mm Bruin in stock. That's a gun that I could make a home for in my collection. Unfortunately, there's no gun money available right now. Yet another night ahead of looking over what I have and what I could part with. That exercise usually ends with me just leaving things as they are and finding something else to obsess over.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    So when's the next CZ get together? Anytime in the near future. I haven't been able to get out to shoot a lot this year. Just picked up a P-07 the other day. It was a toss up between the P10c and P-07. DA/SA was the true selling point versus striker fire.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the P07. Those are really nice carry guns and with a little CGW love, can be a fantastic shooter. Out of the box, they are pretty darn good though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stopped by one of my favorite LGS and saw that they got a black and bronze 10mm Bruin in stock. That's a gun that I could make a home for in my collection. Unfortunately, there's no gun money available right now. Yet another night ahead of looking over what I have and what I could part with. That exercise usually ends with me just leaving things as they are and finding something else to obsess over.

I just went through that over Rusty's (mine originally) stainless SA loaded.
    I am still lamenting selling that gun. And I do not usually lament....much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom