Not open for further replies.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Hey look! A new guy in the thread!

Been thinking about picking up a pistol outside of my usual M&P platform, and I'm thinking a CZ. Want a range toy that would be a good USPSA Production gun if I ever have the time to really get into that. The Shadow 2 seems to be the current king of their competition style guns, but it is so new its hard to find at a decent price. Anything else you guys recommend? Looking for a pure range toy, so the more ridiculous the better.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Been thinking about picking up a pistol outside of my usual M&P platform, and I'm thinking a CZ. Want a range toy that would be a good USPSA Production gun if I ever have the time to really get into that. The Shadow 2 seems to be the current king of their competition style guns, but it is so new its hard to find at a decent price. Anything else you guys recommend? Looking for a pure range toy, so the more ridiculous the better.

Hmm, welcome to the thread, now where to begin?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Wow that is a loaded question.
    There are some really nice options in all sizes and shapes out there. Full size to compact. All can be souped up to the standards of anything offered over the counter or even better.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think those a very serious self defense sites. As the P/S is a night stand piece those would be a good addition.

There are two kinds. One has an orange outline, like the ones on the P01. The other has a white outline. Same sights but slightly different. Do you have a preference? I use both.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

What's your budget?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Kinda running with an open budget. Don't want to spend $2000 on a pistol, but this would be something I save up for, so if there is a legitimate difference between an $800 gun and a $1200 gun then I'd save an extra $400 and get what I really want.

You can buy a $550 gun, invest $400 in it and it will run circles around even the highest priced race guns. But, that's just my opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kinda running with an open budget. Don't want to spend $2000 on a pistol, but this would be something I save up for, so if there is a legitimate difference between an $800 gun and a $1200 gun then I'd save an extra $400 and get what I really want.

What BA said.
    As I have done with 1911's going from out of the box stock to full on race guns this group has been doing with CZ's and I am lucky to have a few of them.
    I have 2 custom shop offerings and the ones these guys do will run right with them.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    If you were to get an SP-01 then fill it with CGW parts, competition approved hammer choices and include a new barrel bushing, better sights, polish all the internals (tutorials on the original CZ Forum) you will have a killer competition gun that will outshoot the out of the box comp guns for less $$$!

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Great time at the range with BA yesterday. We always say our guns shoot better than our old eyes and it was proven out when we invited a couple of the young Applied Ballistic staff to shoot our guns. Both kids are good shooters and their groups were very tight.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you were to get an SP-01 then fill it with CGW parts, competition approved hammer choices and include a new barrel bushing, better sights, polish all the internals (tutorials on the original CZ Forum) you will have a killer competition gun that will outshoot the out of the box comp guns for less $$$!

The same can be said for an old beater 75 or 85.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    TFX Pros.

Nice. I have standard TFX sights on both of my CZ's and just ordered a set of pros to put on my Canik. I guess the front sight on the Canik is compatible with the M&P series, but the back is compatible with G43 sights. I figure since the rear sight from the factory is a Warren Tactical black out sight, that should work fine with the TFX pro front sight. At least that's the plan.

The same can be said for an old beater 75 or 85.

Or any of the compact flavors if that is the preference. Either way, can't lose :koolaid:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom