The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm dealing with Armslist people right now. Will you take $50 less and drive 3 hours......um no. Will you take $150 less than your asking price today with cash......again, no. :rolleyes:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Okay, I'll take it!! can we meet now?

Me: Dude its 1130 pm

Them: i need to get it tonight!!

I've gotten some really good deals on armslist but i think i'm done with it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back from another MCFG range trip. I'm the only one that was there so far today and it looks like there's about 4" of snow on the ground. I was having fun with my old Glenfield Marlin 25 that I've had since I was 13. Using crap .22lr ammo, I was still doing about a 3 1/2" group at 100 yards. Not bad for a Kmart rifle that's more than 40 years old.

I also had the chance to shoot a box through a G30 in the pistol bays. I'm really liking the concept of having two of a carry gun. One to carry and the other to practice with. The G30 that I carry has about 700 rounds through it, so I know that it works. That means that I don't need to worry about getting the range gun cleaned and ready for carry when I get home. I need to source a second P07 in .40 now. There's one in the classys that's been there for a while and is listed at a good price, but IIRC, it up in NWI.

I have been looking at the A2 on gunbroker. Nice looking guns. Did you get the commander or the 5" barrel? I'm a sucker for a blued commander with cocobolo grips.

I have an A2 Commander and this will be the matching full size version. This is one of the few guns that I'm buying with zero intentions of ever carrying. It's going to get a nice set of fiber optic sights and will be a range toy. The A2 Commander took a bit for me to warm up to it, but it's now become one of my favorite 1911s to either shoot or carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not sure. It may have been the finish or it may have been the Commander size. The finish is high quality, but I prefer the satin blue over the matte blue that the A2 has. But, with rounds shot and a bunch of carry time, the finish is wearing in nicely now. One thing I could not complain about was the quality. That pistol has the highest level of fit and finish of any pistol that I've owned. It's better than the Ed Brown I used to have and is the most accurate 1911 I own. When I first got it, the barrel fit was so tight, it was really difficult to rack the slide. It's been perfect in function though and now that it's pushing the 700 round mark, has become much easier to rack. It's still tight, but good. The claim that these are all hand fit sure seems to hold true with how well mine was fit up.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I'm not sure. It may have been the finish or it may have been the Commander size. The finish is high quality, but I prefer the satin blue over the matte blue that the A2 has. But, with rounds shot and a bunch of carry time, the finish is wearing in nicely now. One thing I could not complain about was the quality. That pistol has the highest level of fit and finish of any pistol that I've owned. It's better than the Ed Brown I used to have and is the most accurate 1911 I own. When I first got it, the barrel fit was so tight, it was really difficult to rack the slide. It's been perfect in function though and now that it's pushing the 700 round mark, has become much easier to rack. It's still tight, but good. The claim that these are all hand fit sure seems to hold true with how well mine was fit up.

Thanks. Good to know. I am interested in picking one of these up, after I get some other projects done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am picking up another if the legacy projects from AllenM tomorrow if I feel well enough to go out.
    This is the daughters piece and it is special.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, please post pics... I know this is going to be a stellar color combo. I can't remember, are you also doing Allen's signature anti-glare serrations too?

We have taken the rollmarks off the slide. Flat topped it. Serrations. Relieved the bottom edge of the slide and did the special cut to reduce the interference from the disconnector. This is #2 of 4. I had 3 already done but plans changed and I have 2 more to do after this one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

Can't wait to see the finished results CM. Hope you're feeling well enough to venture out today, but don't push yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom