The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I want one of these....Not exactly sure what it is and afraid to ask the cost but I want one. CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Viper? Guessing the only factory pieces are the frame and some controls?

74cc52e8568d32cf0a806b452d6d0623.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Barry, that is definitely different. Different in a cool way though. Not quite BumbleBee different, but still way cool. You could open carry that all day and I don't think any non-gun owner would think that it's real. Nicely done!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Ok, that's definitely in a different league than I'm used to working on. We've always had 3 and 5 series cars with the newest being an F11. The newer and bigger they get, the more expensive the parts and maintenance. These newer one's really make me appreciate the simplicity in our E30 and old Fiats.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Barry, that is definitely different. Different in a cool way though. Not quite BumbleBee different, but still way cool. You could open carry that all day and I don't think any non-gun owner would think that it's real. Nicely done!

Could you highlighted the changes you made? Not sure I can tell.... I like unique and that is unique.

Ok, that's definitely in a different league than I'm used to working on. We've always had 3 and 5 series cars with the newest being an F11. The newer and bigger they get, the more expensive the parts and maintenance. These newer one's really make me appreciate the simplicity in our E30 and old Fiats.

Yea...my next car will probably be a Chevy truck. BMWs are awesome cars - if you get a good one but we always buy slightly used and drive them till the big pieces fall off. Unfortately, end of life care is expensive in a BMW. We have two very good ones but not sure I'd buy another. Except the Mrs. wants a used 650...maybe next year.

Funny story....my grandfather put 100,000 miles on TWO BMW motorcycles in a row. Rode 12 months a year (in Indiana) until he was 76. For many years, I truly believed him when he told me BMW stood for Best Motorcycle in the World. I think I was in my 30's when I found out it actually stood for Broke My Wallet.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yea...my next car will probably be a Chevy truck. BMWs are awesome cars - if you get a good one but we always buy slightly used and drive them till the big pieces fall off. Unfortately, end of life care is expensive in a BMW. We have two very good ones but not sure I'd buy another. Except the Mrs. wants a used 650...maybe next year.

Funny story....my grandfather put 100,000 miles on TWO BMW motorcycles in a row. Rode 12 months a year (in Indiana) until he was 76. For many years, I truly believed him when he told me BMW stood for Best Motorcycle in the World. I think I was in my 30's when I found out it actually stood for Broke My Wallet.

I don't know if I'd buy another BMW either. Our newest is an F11 535i and it's probably been the least entertaining of the bunch. In the past, we've had 3 E36s, 1 E34, 2 E30s, 1 E91, 1 E92 and the F11. None bought new, but a couple were just off lease with low miles. Our first was an 98 E36 bought in 2000 with 21k on the clock. That one is still serving as a daily driver for my oldest son and is a great car despite being 20 years old. My favorite was an E34 Touring that I swapped the auto for a 5 speed. What a great car that was. It kept our family out of mini-vans when the kids were small. The newer cars seem to have stepped away from the old 'build them to last forever' design theory that used to be there. They are getting harder to work on and the local dealer seems to do more damage to them then good when if taken in for service. I'd love to go back to just having the nice simple 328is that started it all. Might try to talk the eldest son out of that one some day.

Our next car will probably be a Subaru. We had one from 99 until a couple of years ago and it was a great car. The thing was a tank in the snow but years of winter use did a number to the thin sheet metal.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Got a chance to run the RAMI BD today after getting the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit installed earlier in the week. It failed to lock back on the empty extended mag during the first run, but it ran like a sewing machine after that. Not a single hiccup, FTE, FTF... nothing. And after putting a few rounds through it to see how it was printing, it was pretty straight shooting to rip out the bull's-eye from 7 yards. I wasn't as accurate further out to 10 - 15 yards, but I will be with a little more trigger time.

Comparing it to the Ruger SR1911 Officer in 9mm I've been carrying is kind of hard, as they're two different guns. The Ruger has a much nicer SA trigger (as it should being a 1911 derivative), and less felt recoil. I'm still impressed at what a soft shooter it is given the size of it, and I seem more accurate with it. But I've shot it more.

The RAMI has slightly more felt recoil to it, but was very comfortable to shoot. It's shorter in length and height, but is noticeably chunkier in the width. And it holds 2 extra rounds in the flush-fit mags. I tend to prefer the idea of a DA/SA pistol for carry, but have quickly gotten used to cocked-and-locked carry with the Ruger. The Ultra-Lite Kit was a good upgrade for the RAMI, definitely $$ well spent.

The verdict: more ammo, more testing! The RAMI has earned the right to be carried, no doubt. But if both were on the table and I could grab only one... I'd have to say the Ruger Officer would get the nod. I continue to be impressed with how it runs every time I shoot it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    In spite of spending about 7 hours on the tractor and the lawnmower, I still got in about an hour of GPT over at Captain Caveman's. (Little Brother's place) Started the day splitting wood until it got too hot. Then bush hogged the big range and the north side of the drive. Wish there was an easy way to kill Russian olive trees. Cutting them off won't do it. Digging them out won't do it. 12 oz of Crossbow in 2 gallons of diesel fuel sprayed on the bottom 10" of trunk seems to work pretty well but sure takes more time than i've got in the spring.

The range looks good but lonesome. Fired the CZ1911, the Sig P228 and the EDC (Rami with new springs) Still need more practice. May have to check out some 6.5 CM reloads in the morning.

All in all, a good day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In spite of spending about 7 hours on the tractor and the lawnmower, I still got in about an hour of GPT over at Captain Caveman's. (Little Brother's place) Started the day splitting wood until it got too hot. Then bush hogged the big range and the north side of the drive. Wish there was an easy way to kill Russian olive trees. Cutting them off won't do it. Digging them out won't do it. 12 oz of Crossbow in 2 gallons of diesel fuel sprayed on the bottom 10" of trunk seems to work pretty well but sure takes more time than i've got in the spring.

The range looks good but lonesome. Fired the CZ1911, the Sig P228 and the EDC (Rami with new springs) Still need more practice. May have to check out some 6.5 CM reloads in the morning.

All in all, a good day.

Man that range beckons me.........:runaway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

All in all, a good day.

Congrats on getting so much done and managing some range time. Sounds like you shot some very nice guns. I didn't get to the range yesterday as I had a conference downtown, but I still enjoyed the day. Had breakfast with some friends, enjoyed walking downtown on a gorgeous day and got to listen in on some interesting presentations by people in my field.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Man that range beckons me.........:runaway:

I'm here until 3.:coffee::cool:

I love this place. Had a turkey hen in the yard yesterday. Rabbits playing on the drive. Squirrels traveling the fence row, and I just watched a skunk disappear into my wood pile where i hope he's just napping, not living. Caught a second feeder raider last night. 'Coon cuff works great. I've seen weasel and mink and bobcats from the dining room window. Turkey's jumping up to pick crab apples. It's a regular menagerie.

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm here until 3.:coffee::cool:

I love this place.
    This sounds GREAT. I've been aching to see a live bobcat in the wild since they've made their way back into the state, but have yet to catch a glimpse of one. Really cool.

BTW, which springs did you replace in your RAMI? I've seen where they like to go through recoil springs, especially the outer one, between 500 - 700 rounds. Did you replace that one and the inner on the recoil assembly, or just the outer? And did it do the trick? Thinking about ordering a couple extra outer springs just to have them on tap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom