• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am redoing concrete floor in my garage. Garage on fill and after 30+ years of settling and cracks had to bust out and pour again. I wanted to put an epoxy coating on this time but holy cow the stuff is expensive. If anyone has any suggestions what to use, it would be helpful. The rust-oleum stuff I am leaning toward is about 80 cents a square foot and I need about 1700 sq ft. That's dipping into the gun fund.:spend:

These days a lot of folks are using polyaspartic coatings, looks great and lasts a long time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Applied on a garage floor I don't know. I worked on a project evaluating strengthening wood veneer using them and they weren't much more than bisphenol-A epoxy with the benefit of being UV resistant. I'm pretty sure they are applied at 100% solids as well so limited smell and faster filling of irregularities in the floor.

Back in the day I finished garage floors and plane hangers with bisphenol-A epoxy, polyaspartics were not available, would have used those if possible.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looking at the parts and mechanism makes me think old school USSR. Everything except the leaf springs is oversize, heavy and squared off. Gun looks like it will be shooting for the next 164 years easily.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Going to have me a new project hopefully. Just waitin on ole boy to pm me back.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Going to have me a new project hopefully. Just waitin on ole boy to pm me back.

Model 92 clones in 357 are fun, inexpensive shooting.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gardener visited her mom today and brought this home for me. Her mom found it with some of her dad's stuff, no idea what 22lr is selling for now, or even f you can find it.

Attachments

• 22lr.jpg
      22lr.jpg
      198.7 KB · Views: 9

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    The gardener visited her mom today and brought this home for me. Her mom found it with some of her dad's stuff, no idea what 22lr is selling for now, or even f you can find it.
    Bout 15-20cpr

Model 92 clones in 357 are fun, inexpensive shooting.
    Ive been searching for any .357 lever gun for the better part of 6 months. Mrs.BRC isnt thrilled since i brought the Canik home friday lol. It is what it is though lol, she’ll stick around.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bout 15-20cpr

Ive been searching for any .357 lever gun for the better part of 6 months. Mrs.BRC isnt thrilled since i brought the Canik home friday lol. It is what it is though lol, she’ll stick around.

I don't know if you reload or cast bullets, but a 92 clone will take some serious power for the small cartridge that a .357 is. Hunting with 160-185 grain cast bullets will get complete pass through on a deer. I load those for my son, my old 92 is in 44-40, which does a good job with cast as well.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I don't know if you reload or cast bullets, but a 92 clone will take some serious power for the small cartridge that a .357 is. Hunting with 160-185 grain cast bullets will get complete pass through on a deer. I load those for my son, my old 92 is in 44-40, which does a good job with cast as well.
    I dont reload, if I do take it hunting though i have a buddy at work with a bit of 180gr buffalo bore i can get off of him. I ran some through my 686 and it packs a punch.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I dont reload, if I do take it hunting though i have a buddy at work with a bit of 180gr buffalo bore i can get off of him. I ran some through my 686 and it packs a punch.

I've heard good things about Buffalo Bore ammo, should work well.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back in the day before .357, ammo companies loaded 32-20, an early speedy cartridge, to the moon for use in the Model 92. Folks wanting to translate that to the revolvers of the day were the the inspiration of the Robert Johnson blues song about the 32-20. A lot of Smiths and Colts were shaken to pieces, and ammo companies ended that practice. Those loads did work well in old Model 92s though, like this SRC in 32-20.

Attachments

• Winchester 32-20.jpg
      Winchester 32-20.jpg
      536 KB · Views: 9

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in the day before .357, ammo companies loaded 32-20, an early speedy cartridge, to the moon for use in the Model 92. Folks wanting to translate that to the revolvers of the day were the the inspiration of the Robert Johnson blues song about the 32-20. A lot of Smiths and Colts were shaken to pieces, and ammo companies ended that practice. Those loads did work well in old Model 92s though, like this SRC in 32-20.
    Another little historical tid-bit...:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom