patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good morning H45,Gmcttr ,Rk!
    Morning all! Headed for Ottawa, OH this morning. :poop: ing in Tdogg's neck of the woods this morning.

Prayers up for all the afflicted. Ben, Mouse, Little Jagee, Mrs Mcapo. Let's throw Snow Shovel on the list too 'cause she has an appointment in a couple days for some testing to solve a longstanding problem.

:coffee:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Some time back we discussed some of the photos in the classifieds. I suggested it might be time to get a toilet in the photo and as I recall SnapD was revolted by that idea.

It took a while but one fine INGO'er in the "Shotgun Show and Tell" thread posted a toilet/gun/shoes photo for me. :ingo:

View attachment 151925
    INGO just keeps on giving.

GM all.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning all! Headed for Ottawa, OH this morning. :poop: ing in Tdogg's neck of the woods this morning.

Prayers up for all the afflicted. Ben, Mouse, Little Jagee, Mrs Mcapo. Let's throw Snow Shovel on the list too 'cause she has an appointment in a couple days for some testing to solve a longstanding problem.

:coffee:
    Never drive faster than you can see. (Besides, it's all in the reflexes!)

I 2nd the spread of + vibes. Time to bring balance to the world, and dispatch some Nazi scum...
    0ae735168e7ef9f53871d1028992224e.jpg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n gents

Slept in today and it felt great.

Prayers and positive energy for Tim, Tammy, Ben, baby jagee, and Snowshovel. Hoping for a miracle for all of them :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Slept in way later than expected today, but then I went down very late due to some inconsiderate neighbors throwing a party and not turning off their loud music until after 1am.

Morn'n gents

Slept in today and it felt great.

Prayers and positive energy for Tim, Tammy, Ben, baby jagee, and Snowshovel. Hoping for a miracle for all of them :yesway:

Prayers from me as well!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yesterday afternoon, I had a bit of time to kill and ran by a couple of gun shops that I frequent. What a disappointing experience. The cases are full of new guns but they were just about all plastic fantastic striker fired guns. A buddy of mine at one that I respect said that a factory rep from Sig explained that Sig can build 6 to 8 Sig P320s for the same machining effort as it takes to build one P226. So, cases are full of plastic guns now with the rare metal framed guns coming in and being grabbed up quickly.

The shop that used to have 10 to 15 CZs now has none that I could see and a bunch of H&K P30s. There might have been a P10 in there somewhere but who can tell with all of the look-alike plastic things out there now.

I’m regressing in my carry choice now days. Capacity is nice and all but I’ve been focusing more on what I shoot best, which is a Sig P229/P226 right now. Even those are running neck and neck with a 1911 and there’s a part of me that just wants to simplify back to carrying nothing but my A2 Commander or CM’s tuned stainless full size Springfield.

It’s hard not to love this gun
    f0808bf84c21b847bbcbf7b98cc2d19b.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yesterday afternoon, I had a bit of time to kill and ran by a couple of gun shops that I frequent. What a disappointing experience. The cases are full of new guns but they were just about all plastic fantastic striker fired guns. A buddy of mine at one that I respect said that a factory rep from Sig explained that Sig can build 6 to 8 Sig P320s for the same machining effort as it takes to build one P226. So, cases are full of plastic guns now with the rare metal framed guns coming in and being grabbed up quickly.

The shop that used to have 10 to 15 CZs now has none that I could see and a bunch of H&K P30s. There might have been a P10 in there somewhere but who can tell with all of the look-alike plastic things out there now.

I’m regressing in my carry choice now days. Capacity is nice and all but I’ve been focusing more on what I shoot best, which is a Sig P229/P226 right now. Even those are running neck and neck with a 1911 and there’s a part of me that just wants to simplify back to carrying nothing but my A2 Commander or CM’s tuned stainless full size Springfield.

It’s hard not to love this gun
    f0808bf84c21b847bbcbf7b98cc2d19b.jpg
    There are some metal grip modules for 320's these days. They are not cheap though.

320axg-classic-web-left.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are some metal grip modules for 320's these days. They are not cheap though.

320axg-classic-web-left.jpg

Yup, not cheap at all. I wonder what the difference in milling effort is between an aluminum frame module for a P320 and an actual P229 frame? I would think that the drop in trigger pack on the P320 would have a significant reduction in milling operations compared to what would need to be done to properly put a P229 frame together to contain the trigger group.

If that’s the case, I would think the price would come in a bit lower than the classic P226/P229 series but it seems higher

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yup, not cheap at all. I wonder what the difference in milling effort is between an aluminum frame module for a P320 and an actual P229 frame? I would think that the drop in trigger pack on the P320 would have a significant reduction in milling operations compared to what would need to be done to properly put a P229 frame together to contain the trigger group.

If that’s the case, I would think the price would come in a bit lower than the classic P226/P229 series but it seems higher
    Yeah, personally I'll stick with a Wilson Combat grip module. I haven't held one of these AXG classics, but I can't see throwing down the added $$$ for the metal grip module. Looks nice though.

Haven't priced the 226/229 in years, but I'm guessing they know people will pay a bit more for them so they charge more for them. Can't blame them, get what the market will pay.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morning all... :coffee:

Slept in way later than expected today, but then I went down very late due to some inconsiderate neighbors throwing a party and not turning off their loud music until after 1am.

Prayers from me as well!
    I hate inconsiderate neighbors. Been dealing with my pos neighbor to the east for past 5yrs. Have had to call out the county atleast a half a dozen times. He came very close to finding out how effective Israeli M61 really is this last go-around.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I hate inconsiderate neighbors. Been dealing with my pos neighbor to the east for past 5yrs. Have had to call out the county atleast a half a dozen times. He came very close to finding out how effective Israeli M61 really is this last go-around.

Yep, I understand. This was the least offensive example as at least it was on the weekend. The last several times this happened it was on a weeknight. Idiot has young kids as well. I'm going to look up my HOA information and call and report him tomorrow. I hate to be that guy, but this is becoming a pattern that I want to try to stop. The houses in our addition are right on top of each other and a neighbor like that affects like a dozen families. I'm surprised no one called the police sooner... :rolleyes:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Yep, I understand. This was the least offensive example as at least it was on the weekend. The last several times this happened it was on a weeknight. Idiot has young kids as well. I'm going to look up my HOA information and call and report him tomorrow. I hate to be that guy, but this is becoming a pattern that I want to try to stop. The houses in our addition are right on top of each other and a neighbor like that affects like a dozen families. I'm surprised no one called the police sooner... :rolleyes:
    Let me know if you would like to schedule a "Wills' Open Carry BBQ". Bet we could get quite a few attendees.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    This last time i called the county the officer said get a trailcam or security cam to get him on video. I said I'm not spending anymore cash on this douchebag, that the taxes I pay help pay his salary and that should suffice. Plus I've looked for a trailcam that will sense movement at 50yrs and coming up short.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know I've posted this in other threads but just wanted to give a heads up and cover as many bases as possible. Here's a link for the Gofundme for Tim and Cindy

I mentioned having donated this morning to my wife and she suggested that we do more. So, I took another shot. I am lucky to be associated with great people both in and outside of my immediate family. Thanks to all that put this together

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom