THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Strangely enough, I have a CZ question.

I am the proud new owner of a P-10 C & P-10 F ... well, I've had them since late last year, but didn't get them out to the range until earlier today. I really like the way they feel and shoot ... and grip your hand ... there were impressions of the stippling in my hand for more than a few minutes after shooting!

Anyhow, after I got home, I somehow stumbled into the CGW website and noticed there are several parts available to replace the factory parts. I've read that the trigger is a good investment. What about the other parts ... firing pin, springs, etc.?

Also, the P-10 F came with factory installed night sights ... the P-10 C did not. Looking on the CZ-USA website they show three (3) different sets of night sights ... any idea what the difference is between them and which might be better suited on the P-10 C? Are there other night sight options that I should explore?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    You've come to the right thread. I have no info for you, but the wizard and others will be along shortly.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I am the proud new owner of a P-10 C & P-10 F ... well, I've had them since late last year, but didn't get them out to the range until earlier today. I really like the way they feel and shoot ... and grip your hand ... there were impressions of the stippling in my hand for more than a few minutes after shooting!

Anyhow, after I got home, I somehow stumbled into the CGW website and noticed there are several parts available to replace the factory parts. I've read that the trigger is a good investment. What about the other parts ... firing pin, springs, etc.?

Also, the P-10 F came with factory installed night sights ... the P-10 C did not. Looking on the CZ-USA website they show three (3) different sets of night sights ... any idea what the difference is between them and which might be better suited on the P-10 C? Are there other night sight options that I should explore?

Personally, my favorite sights period, not just for the CZ P10 series are Night Fision sights. I recently put the CGW flat aluminum trigger in my P10C OR that I carry and I love it. Very, very similar is the HBI Theta trigger, which is also quite nice and slightly cheaper. I don't know about any of the other parts, like the springs and firing pin, but I've carried and shot my P10C OR for years, probably have a couple thousand rounds through it and it runs like a champ. Never had a single issue with it, so I'm going to say that outside of night sights and a nicer trigger, you really shouldn't need to do anything else.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

Before CGW had a trigger we could only get the HBI Industries trigger, which is what I have in mine, and I love it. WT recently put the CGW trigger in one of his and compared it to the HBI trigger and he feels like it is a little better than the HBI. I forget all of the upgrades that Ive done to mine, but if I were starting fresh I'd probably get the CGW and get the other upgrades as well just because.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Before CGW had a trigger we could only get the HBI Industries trigger, which is what I have in mine, and I love it. WT recently put the CGW trigger in one of his and compared it to the HBI trigger and he feels like it is a little better than the HBI. I forget all of the upgrades that Ive done to mine, but if I were starting fresh I'd probably get the CGW and get the other upgrades as well just because.

Yeah, I think the CGW trigger was ever so slightly nicer, but it was just barely a difference. I did have to hold my finger a bit higher on the trigger than normal on the CGW trigger though, or it drug on the bottom of the trigger guard and was uncomfortable. Holding the trigger a bit higher fixed that issue.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a quick run down to HHRP just before it got dark to run a few rounds through both of these beauties.

08026dfe0b119dd144946bd95e835ad7.jpg

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Awesome info ... a lot to digest in just a few responses! As always the CZickos provide!

I have a CZ P-10F, C and S. I bought the P-10F used and it had an HBI trigger installed. The other 2 still have have the oem triggers.

While the HBI is a little lighter and a nice trigger, I have never shot my other P-10's and thought, "hey, I need to replace this with a nicer trigger". Someday I might add another HBI or CGW trigger to an order but it is a low priority for me.

Short version...IMHO, the CZ P-10 triggers are very nice and the aftermarket triggers are slightly better.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a CZ P-10F, C and S. I bought the P-10F used and it had an HBI trigger installed. The other 2 still have have the oem triggers.

While the HBI is a little lighter and a nice trigger, I have never shot my other P-10's and thought, "hey, I need to replace this with a nicer trigger". Someday I might add another HBI or CGW trigger to an order but it is a low priority for me.

Short version...IMHO, the CZ P-10 triggers are very nice and the aftermarket triggers are slightly better.
    My P10C benefitted from a new trigger but my P10S was good from the factory.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    VERY nice Colts.
    I wish they were both Colts but the SAA is a Uberti and the 941 is a Taurus. As much fun as the SAA was to shoot, the 941 was a hoot to shoot. Even the 18# DA was still a blast with .22 Mag. I'll take a look inside sometime this spring and do some polish where needed, but for plinking cans, it was a blast

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    VERY nice Colts.
    I wish they were both Colts but the SAA is a Uberti and the 941 is a Taurus. As much fun as the SAA was to shoot, the 941 was a hoot to shoot. Even the 18# DA was still a blast with .22 Mag. I'll take a look inside sometime this spring and do some polish where needed, but for plinking cans, it was a blast

Thus, my desire for large photos to zoom in on. :D

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

It sounds like they ran fast, and sweet ! :alright:
    (great photo too )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom