• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Loaded up the next batch of ammo for further load development. Ammo prepped for the Howa 223, the Howa 6.5CM and the Noveske AR. The Bergara 308 is going to get another 40 rounds of factory match ammo through it before I decide to try different weight ammo.

The Noveske AR did not like the Hornady 88gr ELD Match bullets, so I decided to load up some 80gr bullets instead to see if it likes those. Hoping to figure out if the Howa likes 73's or 80's and now 73's and 80's for the Noveske too. If they both like the 73's, I'm okay with that too.

You can see how bad the ladder test looked below with those 88's. There's going to be vertical spreading due to the different velocities, which is the point of the ladder test (that and checking max psi) and at 300 yards there will be some horizontal spreading due to wind (and some shooter error too). But notice how different the spreading is from the 73's on the left to the 88's on the right. Bad, very bad. The barrel is a 1:7 twist and didn't cause any keyholing/tumbling, but it sure as hell does not like that bullet.

View attachment 186526

Here is a 73gr ELDM on the left, loaded to fit inside an AR mag. The 80gr on the right is loaded long (bullet is 0.020" away from lands) and will have to be single loaded with a Bob Sled, since it won't fit inside the mag.

View attachment 186528

I also made a few press upgrades last week. Added a roller handle to the Dillon and also a UFO light kit. Money well spent.

View attachment 186529

View attachment 186530
    You SIR, are quality and informative entertainment........:+1::+1::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    It has begun ... and within our ranks ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/m2-hpx-240-rounds-in-sealed-spam-can.518686/

Seller says to be realistic ... buyer only, not seller ... sheesh, what did that can cost him? $200? $250? Also sad to think that the seller wants to be lumped in with the gougers on GunBroker.

Is the end near or is that just the Sheriff?

Several years ago I had a Keltec PMR-30 that I purchased for $399 and enjoyed shooting for about a year. Then the market went crazy, and PMR-30's were going for insane amounts. I made the rational decision that as much as I enjoyed my property I should sell it. I listed it on Gunbroker, five day auction, no reserve, starting bid of a penny. It sold for $1180.00 because someone thought it was worth $1180. I make no apologies for acting in my best interests, and I believe I'm safe in thinking that you believe it's not in your best interests to buy my ammunition. That's great, I don't want you to act against your interests matter how much you might like to possess my property.

This is the beauty of a free market. Will I make money off of this? Yes, and I make no apologies for doing so. If no one on INGO wants to make a "realistic offer" (as defined by me, the owner) to buy my property I'm 100% OK with that, and at that point I'll make a rational decision to either offer it to a wider market (i.e. Gunbroker) or simply keep it. This is not a difficult concept.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom