The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I had AC growing up. We also had running water. And bathrooms inside the house. I showered daily. We also had ELECTRICITY! Oh and I didn’t have to share a bedroom with my siblings. And I got to ride the bus to and from school.

I have all that stuff now too! But I have to pay for it….
    Well, I had to walk uphill both to and from school. ;)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I had AC growing up. We also had running water. And bathrooms inside the house. I showered daily. We also had ELECTRICITY! Oh and I didn’t have to share a bedroom with my siblings. And I got to ride the bus to and from school.

I have all that stuff now too! But I have to pay for it….
    I had those things too, but that didn't mean we were inside during the day.. too many chores around the farm. And at night, dad didn't bother turning the ac on. My parents grew up with dirt floors, literally. Too this day, I get cold if the house is under mid 70's. This native Mexican blood doesn't get bothered by the heat... its the humidity that gets me.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I had those things too, but that didn't mean we were inside during the day.. too many chores around the farm. And at night, dad didn't bother turning the ac on. My parents grew up with dirt floors, literally. Too this day, I get cold if the house is under mid 70's. This native Mexican blood doesn't get bothered by the heat... its the humidity that gets me.

Aha .... an interesting perspective ! :thumbsup:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Too this day, I get cold if the house is under mid 70's. This native Mexican blood doesn't get bothered by the heat... its the humidity that gets me.
    Did not have AC until my last year of high school. Dad always said “it will warp the wood floors” until my mom threatened to move into a motel to have AC. Now that I am older, mid 70s is the coldest I want. I roll the windows down in the car and seldom use AC except the hottest, most humid days. Mrs. b2v however likes it cold. Bottom line—I wear sweats all winter and all summer and pay extra for the privilege. Thank god for dual temp controls in all our cars or we could never go anywhere together.

Oh well, happy wife, happy life.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Added this beauty to the stable. I looked at it a day or so after CM passed and was so impressed that I went back to buy it today. It just really spoke to me.

And yes, it's in .45acp. This is only the beginning. I have something even more special in the works, but that won't be revealed for another month.

20220912_145355.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Added this beauty to the stable. I looked at it a day or so after CM passed and was so impressed that I went back to buy it today. It just really spoke to me.

And yes, it's in .45acp. This is only the beginning. I have something even more special in the works, but that won't be revealed for another month.

View attachment 223858
    At the FGE?

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

View attachment 223858
    I haven't seen one in real life, but they look good online!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    We grew up with box fans in the windows. I recall some very hot summer nights that wasn't easy to fall asleep due to the humidity and heat. I still love to sleep having a fan on though. I've got one going right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom