THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    actually that is a good thing - as it will mitigate recoil and not self-destruct after many slugs down the pipe.

It is an impressive weapon - as it is a CNC'd frame whereas the other offerings from S&W, KelTec, etc are a simple flimsy stamped steel frame.

Material: Machined from aircraft grade 7075 aluminum, Thermal coated receiver

--- start @ 1:49

Build quality is night and day. And I would simply trust Standard Manuf. from all the other fantastic iron they make, shotty's/1911's/AR's

Thanks for your reply....

I like it!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    On any of the Sig optics ready slides, especially used ones, just double check and do your research on what optics they are cut for. I believe (but haven't researched it in depth) that some of the slides (even the same "named" slide have had some rolling modifications of what compatibility they have). Also, some of the slides have changed to retain the rear sight when an optic is mounted but earlier versions lose the rear sight.

It's one of my major pet peeves with Sig that they don't do clearly demarked generations. While that's a good thing for continuous improvement and getting things to market, it's tough when trying to delineate parts compat.

I'm pretty sure from the Sig page for that slide it states that the Sig branded optics work on it out of the box and that you can use an RMR footprint optic with a "sealing plate" whatever the F that is.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm pretty sure from the Sig page for that slide it states that the Sig branded optics work on it out of the box and that you can use an RMR footprint optic with a "sealing plate" whatever the F that is.
    And I think you'll be good with their descriptions on the new stuff. It's the used stuff and figuring out what fits what platforms, etc and if you lose the rear sight or not that can trip you up.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And I think you'll be good with their descriptions on the new stuff. It's the used stuff and figuring out what fits what platforms, etc and if you lose the rear sight or not that can trip you up.

Yeah, pretty much solidifies my decision to just buy what I want instead of trying to save money buying used.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

An RMR sealing plate is a thin piece of stamped steel. It is needed when the RMR is wider than the slide cut and is used to seal the bottom/battery compartment of the RMR.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, pretty much solidifies my decision to just buy what I want instead of trying to save money buying used.
    Of course, you could always check with AllenM and get your slide cut for exactly what you want ;-) Though I hear he's got a pretty good queue of work these days.

I also hear folks complain about the Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) allowing powder and soot, etc to build up on optics. Some say its a big deal, others not so much. I've only put an optic on my XL and not on any of my X-Compacts (which have the LCI) as yet, so I can't speak to that. Just something to watch for as you look at slides.

The @T-DOGG R&D department will likely be a good resource on some of this as you progress down the rabbit hole. Interested in what you end up with.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    An RMR sealing plate is a thin piece of stamped steel. It is needed when the RMR is wider than the slide cut and is used to seal the bottom/battery compartment of the RMR.

Thanks. Is that specific to the Sig Xcarry or is that a generic plate? I hope to use a 507C on this gun (sorry Bcannon).

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Luci posed for my holiday greeting card (online only).
    My family gives a tip-of-the-hat to your family ! :)

3H4A1219%20copy-L.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks. Is that specific to the Sig Xcarry or is that a generic plate? I hope to use a 507C on this gun (sorry Bcannon).

My understanding, based on my recent Sig purchases, is that in order to use the 507C, you will need a filler plate which differs from an adapter plate.

I bought mine from C&H precision.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Even'n fellas

Alot of peeps getting handfuls of new guns in here. Congrats!!

Since you showed yours ill show mine. I didn't pay for mine though. It was gifted to me :)

View attachment 243094

Hope Tami turns things around and gets to come home tomorrow.

Interested in your observations of this Bul pistol. I picked one up a few months ago, but havn't shot it yet. I know the plastic grip and front/back straps texture feel a little prickly to me, and the trigger edges seem harsh. Or ... I'm just a wimp. Trigger pull and reset feel great though. Hope to shoot mine over the Holidays.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Of course, you could always check with AllenM and get your slide cut for exactly what you want ;-) Though I hear he's got a pretty good queue of work these days.

I also hear folks complain about the Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) allowing powder and soot, etc to build up on optics. Some say its a big deal, others not so much. I've only put an optic on my XL and not on any of my X-Compacts (which have the LCI) as yet, so I can't speak to that. Just something to watch for as you look at slides.

The @T-DOGG R&D department will likely be a good resource on some of this as you progress down the rabbit hole. Interested in what you end up with.
    My P320 RXPXCompact doesn’t have the LCI. Sig got rid of it because of that issue.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Interested in your observations of this Bul pistol. I picked one up a few months ago, but havn't shot it yet. I know the plastic grip and front/back straps texture feel a little prickly to me, and the trigger edges seem harsh. Or ... I'm just a wimp. Trigger pull and reset feel great though. Hope to shoot mine over the Holidays.

what BUL did you get?? 9mm or 45acp? Full size or Commander..?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    what BUL did you get?? 9mm or 45acp? Full size or Commander..?

9mm Commander 4.25 barrel. I didn't post a pic because they all look the same. I really wanted the steel frame all-black model with optic cut, but they seem to be unobtainium. This one will get me started in the 2011 format though, to see if I like it. After shooting it, I may take some emory cloth to it to smooth out the grips a little. It's flat-out prickly to my less-than-leathery hands.

Once I retire (soon), I'll be doing more physical activity to get back into combat shape. :cool:

If I like the 2011 format, I WILL be looking at Staccato and/or the Bul steel-frame models.

IMG_2907.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom