Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Folks feel the need to cover their tails. Thats fine. It just seriously narrows the field of who will step up and drop coin on their offerings. I won't.
    When I first got into firearms I thought a bill of sale and recording things were necessary (and even somewhat mandatory :n00b:). Over time I educated myself more about what I'm legally required to do (which is as simple as not knowingly deal with prohibited people) and grew to appreciate what freedoms we actually still have. Criminals are going to lie, steal and cheat anyway they can to get what they want. I still hold the faith that honest, law abiding citizens, can make a private transaction and close any deal with a good ole fashioned handshake. We don't need to record each other's anything, run background checks on each other, or have the gov't up our arses about it each time.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    When I first got into firearms I thought a bill of sale and recording things were necessary (and even somewhat mandatory :n00b:). Over time I educated myself more about what I'm legally required to do (which is as simple as not knowingly deal with prohibited people) and grew to appreciate what freedoms we actually still have. Criminals are going to lie, steal and cheat anyway they can to get what they want. I still hold the faith that honest, law abiding citizens, can make a private transaction and close any deal with a good ole fashioned handshake. We don't need to record each other's anything, run background checks on each other, or have the gov't up our arses about it each time.
    I guess this is why I don't personally understand it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks, everyone! :ar15:
    Congrats on the AR. I have parts coming tomorrow to finish off #7 (12.5" build) and a Larue trigger on backorder for #6 (18" build). I know that sounds like a few, but I only have one that I would take to war and that's my 16" BCM, but that was bought as a complete upper and complete lower. The rest are mostly entry level stuff, with a small amount of magic parts sprinkled to get them where I want them (which changes almost daily, just ask mcapo :):).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just picked this up today
    94af1d35b5679999a8bdc02f00634efd.jpg

It’s a S&W Model 10-10. I put a spare set of stocks from my old 586 on as the ones that came with it were beat up and tiny.

1. Sweeet 88! Back when a man's gun was a revolver! :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm going to record this for future reference :):

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Years ago, when I bought my first 586, my sister declared it to be the ‘gunniest’ gun I owned. There is something about a wheel gun that just feels right.

On this topic I was fondling the 629 just a few moment ago. I may have had some elicit thoughts while doing this.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Congrats on the AR. I have parts coming tomorrow to finish off #7 (12.5" build) and a Larue trigger on backorder for #6 (18" build). I know that sounds like a few, but I only have one that I would take to war and that's my 16" BCM, but that was bought as a complete upper and complete lower. The rest are mostly entry level stuff, with a small amount of magic parts sprinkled to get them where I want them (which changes almost daily, just ask mcapo :):).

I unfortunately can't afford a full BCM on my budget, so mine is more like your others. Some good stuff sprinkled in there.
    fullsizeoutput_3.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom