Speedway area

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve struggled with the less-is-more vs. I’m-a-collector mindset. I like to make sure that my carry needs are covered to the nth degree but when you get to the point where you could lose a gun to the evidence locker every day for a month before running out of polymer guns, it might be time to come up for air.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A junkyard is coming to pick the Spider (old rusty one, not old nice one) tomorrow and while on the phone setting it up, the woman says ‘I apologize, but $25 is the best I can do’. I ask her if she’s paying me $25 or if I’m paying her $25 and she confirms that she’s paying me $25. Cool! I would have gladly paid her the $25 to haul it away but I figure that not only do I get rid of the rolling chassis, but that I get a mediocre bottle of bourbon in exchange.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’ve struggled with the less-is-more vs. I’m-a-collector mindset. I like to make sure that my carry needs are covered to the nth degree but when you get to the point where you could lose a gun to the evidence locker every day for a month before running out of polymer guns, it might be time to come up for air.

If they were metal guns, it would be totally understandable to have that many ..... but polymer !!! :ugh:

:laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:..... just joshin' ya. A man should have whatever the hell he wants ! :chuck:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A junkyard is coming to pick the Spider (old rusty one, not old nice one) tomorrow and while on the phone setting it up, the woman says ‘I apologize, but $25 is the best I can do’. I ask her if she’s paying me $25 or if I’m paying her $25 and she confirms that she’s paying me $25. Cool! I would have gladly paid her the $25 to haul it away but I figure that not only do I get rid of the rolling chassis, but that I get a mediocre bottle of bourbon in exchange.

"WINNER"

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not a thing wrong with that mindset. I am no collector either. I just end up so deep in my modified/custom builds they have to stay with me.

Only one of my built pieces is on the list, and really built is a stretch. It’s just expensive for parts. But like several others I’ve realized it only get shot at the gatherings, I pick the other options before it when I go to the range by myself. That tends to be the sign for me.

I do think the New Year’s resolution will be impulse buying control.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It might also be time to see if you need to move, get different people to hang out with, or take up fishing instead of what you did previously. That's a lot of cases to go through! LOL

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I wonder what I could get for a school bus?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom