Not open for further replies.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Howdy Packindy! Good to see you around.
    Good to be seen...whats your retirement countdown at these days?

How’ve you been Pack? Is this your first winter up there?
    This will be our second. Its been pretty mild so far...a few inches here and there and one 6" day. We are all waiting to get hit. Seems like we are in the sweet spot so far. Just north and just south of us have been slammed already this year.

I’m not sure if I’ll come away with an appreciation of what we have or if I’ll come away hating technology even more.

You will learn to hate it imo. I often dont have service much of the day and while it does take time getting used to, I've found myself more annoyed than ever with tech. It will be interesting to see how i do back in indy next week. Haven't been in a town with more than 9k people in a long while haha. Jumping in our rental and hitting 465 will be a trip. Ill be hanging out in the right lane with my hazards on if anyone needs to find me lol.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I usually have my phone within arms reach in case someone tries to get in touch with me, but aside from talking to my Dad every other day or so, I rarely use it. When I get home from work, I'll get on the computer a couple of times to catch up on INGO and sometimes surf some other sites, but normally I'm either reading a book, watching TV or working on something around the house. I hate the whole "electronic leash" feeling of our smartphones, so try not to use it any more than I have to. I realize that I'm in the minority on this and I'm fine with that.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I also think it makes a difference if your friends/family know you dont respond right away. Once the time expectations for response is expanded, the pressure to respond is reduced making life less stressful i think. Nowadays i can take a day to respond and no one expects otherwise. Reduced expectations often leads to happier outcomes.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I also think it makes a difference if your friends/family know you dont respond right away. Once the time expectations for response is expanded, the pressure to respond is reduced making life less stressful i think. Nowadays i can take a day to respond and no one expects otherwise. Reduced expectations often leads to happier outcomes.
    I agree with this. I usually always reply to everyone in under 15 minutes if I’m not working/with a client. I think them thinking I was ignoring them would stress me out! My dad, on the hand, takes hours to a day to reply and it’s normal for everyone. But he’s older and just learned to text a couple of years ago.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It’s my Friday! :rockwoot:These 4 day weeks are pretty great even if it’s long hours most days.

Congrats! Glad it's working out for you. I've finally reached a point where I have a job I can work 30 - 40 hours and be done each week. 6 - 9 or so in the morning working from home, then head to the office until 3, then done for the day unless something is blowing up. One day a week totally from home. This has reduced my stress considerably!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I grew up with no tech as we know it today. I had a single tone Motorola pager in 1972 I believe. Then we had the dual tones. Each tone was a different response number. That was high pressure. Then digital pagers...……….Oh my. Then voice pagers.
    Now we are tethered to the net. That net we all live under.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Recently went to the Christmas party for The LGS I work at part time. After dinner we were given a really cool jacket with logo and a small amount of $$ in the left pocket. In the right pocket was a sticker for a Sig Sauer P365 for the outstanding year we have had!
    The owner is a great guy to work for and I feel lucky to work there.
    Wow thats one hell of a nice Christmas bonus!!! Awesome

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning all. I managed to sleep a little later today.:)

So Fridays are potential range days for SS now instead of Wednesdays.:yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I grew up with no tech as we know it today. I had a single tone Motorola pager in 1972 I believe. Then we had the dual tones. Each tone was a different response number. That was high pressure. Then digital pagers...……….Oh my. Then voice pagers.
    Now we are tethered to the net. That net we all live under.
    I found some old morse code equipment at the antique store the other day and thought of you. ;)

I had to learn it. Im rusty now but i could still send off for booze and girls in an emergency

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I found some old morse code equipment at the antique store the other day and thought of you. ;)

I had to learn it. Im rusty now but i could still send off for booze and girls in an emergency

We all learned Morse. We used to send messages around the area with flash's lights. They were not always properly decoded.....:):

One of the local parents was Navy. He jumped in and told us to go to bed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom