The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks for the cleaning tips, gangsters !
    When I wake up a bit more, I'm going to head out, and buy some supplies.
    Life is too short to live with a dirty bore !
    When i was a kid it was my job to clean all of my dads new surplus rifles he picked up from bradis on the way home or that we went and bought together. Some were mine. I always thought he was just being mean to me because he didnt want to do the dirty work but now I know he was teaching me how to take them apart without damage and how to properly clean and maintain them all. Back then it was still the good stuff you could buy. Paratropper SKS's, Russian and chinese SKS's, swiss rifles, chinese AK's etc. I dont know how many I did over the years. Lots and lots.
    I mostly used simple green that I remember. Break cleaner is great too on the metal parts like KJQ said. I use that now on parts sometimes as a degreaser.
    Get you a tube with like a turkey baster from your wifes kitchen and some very hot water mixed with like simple green or the purple stuff and force it through that barrel to push out as much of that grease first before you run your brush through it and gunk it up. It will help a lot.
    Your wife will love it :):

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Hello all, sorry to hijack the thread but this looked like the appropriate place to land

I’m curious about your maintenance schedules (if any) on your CZ B variant pistols

firing pin retaining pin.
    Do you keep spares?
    what round interval/dry fire do you check this part?
    anyone had this part break?

trigger return spring? Other?

I picked up a new PCR and P01 (sold my Glocks) this past month and appreciate the wisdom of the community. These are carry pistols and will be in a rotation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hello all, sorry to hijack the thread but this looked like the appropriate place to land

I’m curious about your maintenance schedules (if any) on your CZ B variant pistols

Do you keep spares?

I picked up a new PCR and P01 (sold my Glocks) this past month and appreciate the wisdom of the community. These are carry pistols and will be in a rotation.

Someone will be along soon after we get finished with these donuts....:):

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Pass on Bare Arms. Comicly overpriced at MSRP and beyond the last time I checked on them (keep in mind this was at least 3 years ago) and the owner really doesn't even want you in his shop if you're not a LEO. At least that's my $.02. They permanently turned me off with their "customer service". Does anyone have a better experience in the past couple of years there?

Sounds like Elmore's, in Greenwood.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good morning, My People.!!

My .. My .. aren't we so very chatty this morning..?

Covered 5 pages I missed last night - great convo.

Who's down for shooting this week.!!??

My place or yours....

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Pass on Bare Arms. Comicly overpriced at MSRP and beyond the last time I checked on them (keep in mind this was at least 3 years ago) and the owner really doesn't even want you in his shop if you're not a LEO. At least that's my $.02. They permanently turned me off with their "customer service". Does anyone have a better experience in the past couple of years there?

New ownership since then. I've heard some good reports. Haven't been by though.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    When i was a kid it was my job to clean all of my dads new surplus rifles he picked up from bradis on the way home or that we went and bought together. Some were mine. I always thought he was just being mean to me because he didnt want to do the dirty work but now I know he was teaching me how to take them apart without damage and how to properly clean and maintain them all. Back then it was still the good stuff you could buy. Paratropper SKS's, Russian and chinese SKS's, swiss rifles, chinese AK's etc. I dont know how many I did over the years. Lots and lots.
    I mostly used simple green that I remember. Break cleaner is great too on the metal parts like KJQ said. I use that now on parts sometimes as a degreaser.
    Get you a tube with like a turkey baster from your wifes kitchen and some very hot water mixed with like simple green or the purple stuff and force it through that barrel to push out as much of that grease first before you run your brush through it and gunk it up. It will help a lot.
    Your wife will love it :):
    Very cool info, brother.....thanks !
    I actually have one of those turkey basters......I've used it to put distilled water into batteries (12v marine batteries that power the back-up sump pumps in the basement).
    I'm on it !

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

Do you keep spares?

I created a device that will dry fire a gun. I put my P-01 on it and while protecting the firing pin with a cushion I cycled it 60k times, SLOWLY. Nothing broke.
    It has been canjunized.
    So far I just keep it cleaned and lubed.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I created a device that will dry fire a gun. I put my P-01 on it and while protecting the firing pin with a cushion I cycled it 60k times, SLOWLY. Nothing broke.
    It has been canjunized.
    So far I just keep it cleaned and lubed.

This is genius I'd like to see how you did this.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Any one have some old 1” Leupold high rings that you’d trade for some mediums?

c9ea849c74dda94d7ea3477c11e325d0.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom