The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ive shot the Wizards, BAs, CMs, and my ex FILs and theyve been hotroded and stock and the only one that kinda impressised me was the Rami with Wizs love on it. Not sure if theyre for me i guess.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Possibly but doesnt the PCR have like a inch trigger pull? Thats really my issue with most CZs.

Not with a full wizard package. Or you can go SAO...one in the right corner.

You can also see the difference in the shorter reach of the two with the pro package.

3c77cc7f2fb3b02dd3863ac437f7a1d1.jpg

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    We are scattered all of the state, but we try to organize with others in our sector that are able to get together. Some people have a more flexible schedule. I'm on the West side, so I tend to shoot there, but I also go down to Greenwood and meet some others occasionally. It's also good to get together with others that have the guns that already have the modifications that we are looking into doing to see if we want like it or not. The answer is usually YES! What range do you normally go to?

I normally shoot at Applied Ballistics in Lafayette, also have traveled down to Atterbury while wife was shopping the outlet mall. Would be pretty awesome to attend a future CZ event and get some hang time.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The black compact looks interesting for sure. The front of the dust cover area and the front of the slide contours not matching throw me off a little. Im weird, ive accepted it.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    The standard thing I do with new CZs is the firing pin retainer that BA mentions above along with the trigger return spring. I've never had a TRS break but replacing those has given me a nice supply of spares should one ever break in the future. I do tend to keep spare recoil springs around and have a bunch of spare firing pin springs from older guns that got new springs.

If dry firing a lot, either use a snap cap or an O ring in between the hammer and FP. Even with the upgraded FP retainer pin, they can beat on the retainer deforming it. Other than that, the CZs just seem to benefit from shooting them in more so than some other guns. As the round count rises, the guns become buttery smooth.

The real thing I tend to stock as spares for my CZs is more CZs.

Good stuff, I'm going to stock up on some consumable. I'm in the early stages of CZ addiction, but i have it under control. It won't get the best of me because i have will power. Just curious, does anyone like their SP-01 TAC?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good stuff, I'm going to stock up on some consumable. I'm in the early stages of CZ addiction, but i have it under control. It won't get the best of me because i have will power. Just curious, does anyone like their SP-01 TAC?

Yup. Enough so that I picked up a second, but that one is in a real caliber that starts with a 4. The one in the practice caliber is a nice shooter too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom