Not open for further replies.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m late on this one!

Had a great day shooting with some great people and drove home with the windows down - such a pretty day. :D

It was a great day with SS, MM, 88 and the Mrs! Lots of rounds down range.

Just for WebSnyper, we out 898 rounds down range today with the 44. I’d call mine a very reliable rimfire, probably my most reliable.
    8 fail to fire - all fired on a second attempt, I blame rimfire
    6 fail to eject
    3 fail to feed

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m late on this one!

Had a great day shooting with some great people and drove home with the windows down - such a pretty day. :D

It really was a great day. Probably one of the best I’ve had in recent months. There is just something about spending the day with people that you genuinely like, doing something that you love to do that is hard to beat.

I only took the old compact CZ along with the Coyote Gun, a couple ARs and a 1942 vintage Finnish capture Mosin Nagant. The old Mosin is always fun because it’s been there and done stuff. The CZs are plain old fun to shoot.

I did get a chance to run Turbo’s G44 and can see one of those coming into the collection one day this year. There’s a fun factor that is bigger than you would imagine with that.

I’m hoping that we can do this again as summer approaches.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Beautiful day out there! A buddy was supposed to come by to tryout his new 45-70 lever gun. He had family duties, and couldn’t make it. Son showed with his 30-30 and we shot lever guns all afternoon.

I’ve looked into having the bores relined on the old ones, and today settled it. The 1873 will be relined. Couldn’t hit a full size USPSA silhouette at 100 yards from a rest, with a 24” barrel. The 1892 hits it ok, but there were a few that hit sideways. Barrels are toast. The 1894 in 32WS is a sledgehammer! It really moves a 12” plate at 100 yards. The iron sights are a challenge for me, but that bullet hits the plate like a truck.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Beautiful day out there! A buddy was supposed to come by to tryout his new 45-70 lever gun. He had family duties, and couldn’t make it. Son showed with his 30-30 and we shot lever guns all afternoon.

I’ve looked into having the bores relined on the old ones, and today settled it. The 1873 will be relined. Couldn’t hit a full size USPSA silhouette at 100 yards from a rest, with a 24” barrel. The 1892 hits it ok, but there were a few that hit sideways. Barrels are toast. The 1894 in 32WS is a sledgehammer! It really moves a 12” plate at 100 yards. The iron sights are a challenge for me, but that bullet hits the plate like a truck.

Its official.

You are hooked.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    MM’s recently acquired milsurp (I forgot what it is) makes a very nice fireball!

It's the M44 Mosin ..... made in 1952 (my birth year) at the Radom factory in Poland. :)

Yes, yes, yes ..... to all of the previous comments by the other attendees. It was truly a fabulous day, and such fun to spend it with very amicable gangsters.
    We had a blast ! :rockwoot:

88 and I were trading CZ's, and making the steel squeal ..... him more than me, but that's OK .... he's younger ! :D

Also got to try Turbo's super-cool 7.62 AR ..... the first time I've fired that cartridge in the AR platform. It has a very smooth recoil impulse, and everything on the rifle spoke of quality. I liked it.

And finished the day with hugs from two very pretty girls ..... how can you beat that ? (rhetorical question, obviously !) :banana:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I really like hearing about KJ's new lever gun passion ....... but one question remains.
    Does he have the proper western attire ??? Hmmmm .... do you KJ ?

With all the cool old hardware, you'd better have an authentic cowboy hat ..... maybe one that a horse drank out of, and a mountain lion chewed on the brim ..... far out on the lonesome prairie ! ;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    And dang, mouse .... that 1911 didn't take long to sell ..... which really doesn't surprise me, as it's a real looker
    Some lucky shooter scooped in up ! :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom