Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey look, it’s ****ing CZ! We love CZs here, anybody want to talk about CZs?

b6e9TnR.jpg
    The only thing better than this gun, and that's saying a lot since this gun is absolutely beyond words, are the truly fantastic people who made it a reality. I am forever humbled and grateful for this. Thank you for posting a picture of her KJ.

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, I had been diagnosed with cancer and was going through chemo and radiation. I was unable to work for a long time while recovering from extensive surgery and I was forced to sell a lot of my guns to pay the bills and keep a roof over my head. I think I was down to one gun in the house when the Wizard stopped by one day with this beautiful thing. She is called the Blue Angel and she is one of the finest firearms you will ever see.
    I have since, mostly, recovered and, again thanks to many of the same people, have been able to recover some of my guns.
    But the act of kindness of these folks is beyond words. I am so humbled that they did this for me. People want to put down the CZickness thread and all of us who talk about a lot of things other than CZs. Well, this represents the kind of people who are daily contributors here. So anybody who wants to criticize can go pound sand!

Thank you again everybody. I hesitate to list those involved as I am afraid I might leave someone out and I really don't want to do that. But here goes: KJQ, CM, WTB, Mcapo, Hoosier45, ChrisK, MM, TT, 88 and, of course, the Wizard. If I did leave someone out I apologize. This is from the list that was given to me.
    Thanks, I cannot express to you how much it meant to me to receive this and how much it still means to me.

Last edited:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    For anyone worried they might be at risk for the virus, IU Health is doing free video consults to determine if you should be tested. You just download the IU Health visits app. :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The only thing better than this gun, and that's saying a lot since this gun is absolutely beyond words, are the truly fantastic people who made it a reality. I am forever humbled and grateful for this. Thank you for posting a picture of her KJ.

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, I had been diagnosed with cancer and was going through chemo and radiation. I was unable to work for a long time while recovering from extensive surgery and I was forced to sell a lot of my guns to pay the bills and keep a roof over my head. I think I was down to one gun in the house when the Wizard stopped by one day with this beautiful thing. She is called the Blue Angel and she is one of the finest firearms you will ever see.
    I have since, mostly, recovered and, again thanks to many of the same people, have been able to recover some of my guns.
    But the act of kindness of these folks is beyond words. I am so humbled that they did this for me. People want to put down the CZickness thread and all of us who talk about a lot of things other than CZs. Well, this represents the kind of people who are daily contributors here. So anybody who wants to criticize can go pound sand!

Thank you again everybody. I hesitate to list those involved as I am afraid I might leave someone out and I really don't want to do that. But here goes: KJQ, CM, WTB, Mcapo, Hoosier45, ChrisK, MM, TT, 88 and, of course, the Wizard. If I did leave someone out I apologize. This is from the list that was given to me.
    Thanks, I cannot express to you how much it meant to me to receive this and how much it still means to me.

Yeah .... this is what this thread is really about ..... a brotherhood.
    I'm so glad that you're through the worst of your illness, Master Chief.
    Keep on keeping on ! :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not Corona free here. There are two bottles in the bar fridge but I am out of limes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bleah, worthless without a lime and mexican food... :):

Yeah .... this is what this thread is really about ..... a brotherhood.
    I'm so glad that you're through the worst of your illness, Master Chief.
    Keep on keeping on ! :)

Well said MM!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I was honored to play a part in it. Brought me a lot of happiness knowing you loved it and that if brought you even just a moment of distraction from the war you were fighting. You are special to us Master Chief! My buddy Croy also contributed. He doesn't pop in much but he works a lot and has a young'n that takes up his time

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was honored to play a part in it. Brought me a lot of happiness knowing you loved it and that if brought you even just a moment of distraction from the war you were fighting. You are special to us Master Chief! My buddy Croy also contributed. He doesn't pop in much but he works a lot and has a young'n that takes up his time
    Dang it. I knew someone would be left out. My apologies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    BA, you left the most important part out. We wrote your name on it, and made it gaudy, so that you'd never be able to sell it. :laugh:

Can’t let a good man end up unarmed. :patriot: :ingo:

Darthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    Bargersville
    Incredible story BA, and incredible friends. I love it, brings back memories of the camaraderie when I was in the military.
    I don't usually post in this thread, just read it. Now that I have what is the SGE?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    All of this social distancing (of which I'm a firm believer) gives me time to practice, and have fun with the new photography lighting gear that I've purchased recently.
    My older strobes still worked, but were dinosaurs compared to the new technology.
    However, as with firearms, it's still the Indian, and not the arrow.

The PPA (Professional Photographers of America) have opened up their learning center to all (and for free) for the next two weeks. There are over 1,100 video tutorials from professional photographers on a huge variety of subjects. I'ma gonna be busy !

For the first time, I have a YUGE :D softbox to mount the strobe within. Suspended on the 13' (max elevation) C-stand, I can now photograph most rifles, with very even illumination. Although I own a Light Cube, it wasn't good for items larger than a breadbox.

Here's the new setup.

i-Kb7jFg3-X2.jpg

And to keep my post at least firearms related (if not CZ), here's what the softbox is good for. I still need to work on the inner-baffles, to obtain the most even lighting .... but that's hard to do while suspended, so it'll have to wait for my next project. Also, the roll of carbon fiber background material is still a little crinkled, and needs time to flatten..... but all in good time.
    Who can resist the siren-song of the RED, WHITE, and BLUE ? :patriot:

i-QKCFrLd-X2.jpg

Most of you who know me, realize that I promote having more than one hobby. Right now, it's hard to go shooting. For me, I don't trust being around people at the indoor range under the current circumstances. So having multiple fun things to do is beneficial.
    If I can preach that philosophy (at least to our younger members) and have it stick, my work here is done ..... at least for today ! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom