The CZickness XXXIV...In America where only the good guys wear masks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...As I said and I stand by it the wobble is a personal issue with me. I have a rifle built on an INGO lower that rattles like my 1942 Colt 1911.....:):

But rattle and all it runs hard.

I'm not a fan of the rattle either but it's much better than a friends build that I helped put together.

I think it was his first firearm and her bought one of the magnesium lowers made by the company that went out of business. With the front pin in place the upper would not close all the way due to hitting the lower close to the front pin (lower out of spec). I tried to talk him into returning it but he wanted it built that evening. I did the only thing I could and took a file to the mating surface of the lower until it would close. It still had a bit of spring to it. I bet he hasn't fired it since that first range trip several years ago. I always figured the lower would break at the forward pin holes if it was ran hard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not a fan of the rattle either but it's much better than a friends build that I helped put together.

I think it was his first firearm and her bought one of the magnesium lowers made by the company that went out of business. With the front pin in place the upper would not close all the way due to hitting the lower close to the front pin (lower out of spec). I tried to talk him into returning it but he wanted it built that evening. I did the only thing I could and took a file to the mating surface of the lower until it would close. It still had a bit of spring to it. I bet he hasn't fired it since that first range trip several years ago. I always figured the lower would break at the forward pin holes if it was ran hard.

I probably would not have done the work. That kind of impatience gets people hurt.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I declare that Tarzan is too dang tough to let a heart get the best of him. He's already got it on the ropes ! (old boxing terminology) :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Although it's cool to know that everything is fit-up just perfect ...... and I understand the desire....... Spicy already spoke the mechanical truth of the matter ..... ix mox nix (latin for "makes no difference")
    I'm probably odd, but I even enjoy the 'sprong' noise of the buffer spring. It's like music to my ears ! :cowbell:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well we need to compare them at the FGE.

As I said and I stand by it the wobble is a personal issue with me. I have a rifle built on an INGO lower that rattles like my 1942 Colt 1911.....:):

But rattle and all it runs hard.
    Some of those BCI Defense made Ingo lowers were out of spec and had issues, which I believe were discussed openly on the forum. I know for a fact one crossed my path that had an issue with the front takedown pin ears not being machined correctly. Going by memory, but I think there were issues with trigger pin holes also. Don't know what upper you have, but I'd be suspicious of that lower.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Went to my cardiologist today. A lower heart chamber puts in an extra beat sometimes. He made it sound like it could be not a big deal or indicative of a blockadge. Echo Stress 60 test scheduled for Tuesday. Maybe I can add to my collection of stents. :)
    Wishing all the best for you.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Some of those BCI Defense made Ingo lowers were out of spec and had issues, which I believe were discussed openly on the forum. I know for a fact one crossed my path that had an issue with the front takedown pin ears not being machined correctly. Going by memory, but I think there were issues with trigger pin holes also. Don't know what upper you have, but I'd be suspicious of that lower.

Hopefully not one that has crossed your path recently?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Went to my cardiologist today. A lower heart chamber puts in an extra beat sometimes. He made it sound like it could be not a big deal or indicative of a blockadge. Echo Stress 60 test scheduled for Tuesday. Maybe I can add to my collection of stents. :)

Prayers and positive energy your way gmcttr, hope all goes well with your stress test. I guess there are better things to collect than stents but at least youre here to collect them. Its like you said its much better than the alternative. I dont like collecting heart valves but my collection keeps growing and im still here so cant complain too much :):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning, one and all!

:coffee:

Reed, Barb has dealt with PVC's for some time now. Doc told her that exercise helps with them , but she's got a handful of pills she takes as well for that and some other issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom