The CZickness XXXIV...In America where only the good guys wear masks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Anyone a believer in the 4th turning theory?

I had to look that up. Interesting!

I just looked it up as well. Although I admit, I scanned it pretty quickly. I'll say this though it also sounds kind of like stages of an individual's life to some extent on dealing with authority/institutions, etc, not sure it would be in the same exact order though. I'll need to read a bit more on it.

We are so screwed.

Pretty much.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The theory of the 4th turning is that every 4th generation, there is a large chaotic event that changes the history of the US. There is a chain of past turnings such as the Revolution, Civil War and then the Great Depression/WWII. Back in the 1990, the author’s of the theory suggested that we would enter the undergo the 4th turning between 2005 and 2025.

Each 4th turning has 5 phases. I forget the exact names, but it’s something like ‘Unsettling’, ‘Disillusionment’, ‘Collapse’, ‘Climax’ and ‘Rebirth’. I’ve not fact checked this and it’s been a long while since I read that book but the first phase suggested going forward was possibly a pandemic that impacts the world economy. The second phase was when people lost trust in institutions and governments. The third phase is a collapse of some sort, such as a market collapse. The 4th phase would be some type of war or major climatic event. Could be a civil war or a war between nations. The 5th phase is the immediate post war period. After that, a new 1st Turning begins.

Per the theory, we should have a rough 5 to 10 years ahead and then a new turning begins. I don’t know if I buy into it completely but it does seem like we are heading into a rough spell across the world. If you do follow the theory, we are in the middle of the 2nd phase and could enter the 3rd phase in 6 months to a year. That would be a collapse of some sort, followed by a war of some sort. The war could be a class war (French Revolution style), civil war or maybe a national war with China, Russia or some type of alliance.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Last week, while at the SGE, I noticed that my P07 in .40 had a very stiff trigger after sitting in the sun for an hour or two. The guns got really hot sitting out there in the 90+ degree temps. Burn your hand hot. I don’t recall noticing a big difference in the trigger pull on my 9mm P07 but the .40 seemed like the trigger was almost bottoming out before the break.

Not really going anywhere with this but just an interesting observation. Extreme heat can induce issues in otherwise perfectly functioning firearms. To it’s credit, the gun did function properly but that heavy trigger pull sure did impact my aim. It was like trying to be accurate with a Nagant in double action.

By the time I got home, everything felt normal again and when I checked the trigger pull, it was a hair under 4#

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    FedEx does another stellar job with a 19 lbs package...

[video=youtube_share;y3Z4_1YK5CQ]https://youtu.be/y3Z4_1YK5CQ[/video]

zgtANoT.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Last week, while at the SGE, I noticed that my P07 in .40 had a very stiff trigger after sitting in the sun for an hour or two. The guns got really hot sitting out there in the 90+ degree temps. Burn your hand hot. I don’t recall noticing a big difference in the trigger pull on my 9mm P07 but the .40 seemed like the trigger was almost bottoming out before the break.

Not really going anywhere with this but just an interesting observation. Extreme heat can induce issues in otherwise perfectly functioning firearms. To it’s credit, the gun did function properly but that heavy trigger pull sure did impact my aim. It was like trying to be accurate with a Nagant in double action.

By the time I got home, everything felt normal again and when I checked the trigger pull, it was a hair under 4#

After that brutal sun, I hope that you waxed-down your mammoth ivory ! :eek:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yup, I've experienced the same treatment, and result ...... way too many times ! :xmad:

I've been very lucky that my ammo deliveries have always been well done. One time I had a case of 9mm left out in the rain, but every other time the ammo has been placed on my porch where it's out of the weather and was handled well enough there was no damage to the packaging.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've been very lucky that my ammo deliveries have always been well done. One time I had a case of 9mm left out in the rain, but every other time the ammo has been placed on my porch where it's out of the weather and was handled well enough there was no damage to the packaging.

Heck, I had a nice .223 Wylde barrel that was literally sticking out of the cardboard tube when it was delivered !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom