The CZickness XXXIV...In America where only the good guys wear masks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Doing well. I think I sweat off 5lbs everytime I walk outside now. This heat and humidity is unreal

I'll be out there with you for a while today. Gotta finish my guttering job up north. Dig in some drainage and install a couple of end caps. Doctored up my chiggers this morning. Sore from painting yesterday. 4 days off in a row might kill me.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We have been getting rid of a lot of stuff from my mother’s house by putting it at the end of her driveway with a ‘Free’ sign on it. She had 2 nice lamps that she did not want to have sitting on the concrete, so we put them on a small table. After working inside for a bit, we discovered that someone had moved the lamps to the driveway and taken the table. We need to be more clear about what’s to be taken and what’s not I guess.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll be out there with you for a while today. Gotta finish my guttering job up north. Dig in some drainage and install a couple of end caps. Doctored up my chiggers this morning. Sore from painting yesterday. 4 days off in a row might kill me.

Take it easy out there in this heat. Heat exhaustion can creep up pretty quickly with the temps and humidity lately.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    A very good morning to you all.!!

Gotta a block glass guy coming in for a repair of a glass block that took a crack for no reason.

after that maybe heading to Triggers to scope out a new to me Athlon scope that is on sale.

after that - who knows.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have been getting rid of a lot of stuff from my mother’s house by putting it at the end of her driveway with a ‘Free’ sign on it. She had 2 nice lamps that she did not want to have sitting on the concrete, so we put them on a small table. After working inside for a bit, we discovered that someone had moved the lamps to the driveway and taken the table. We need to be more clear about what’s to be taken and what’s not I guess.

If you set it down there they will take it regardless. Even if you put a sign on it that it is not to be taken.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    KUd.gif

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    So what's the deal with CZ values? Is non omega better than omega? Steel better than alloy? NSN vs no NSN?

I keep getting wierd questions about my CZ and I don't have a clue what's what. I've bee. Contemplating trading it but done want to be screwed over. This is my first CZ. Educate me please.

IMG_20200629_000911403.jpg

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    It looks like you have an alloy P-01 with a standard trigger (non omega). The NSN # would be on the frame on the side of the gun you can't see.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I get that but do these things make them more or less disireable? Is one better than another?

Better? Depends. Stock Trigger to Omega; the Omega could a little better but if you prefer to modify your trigger the non-Omega trigger has more upside potential. Personally, I would pay less for an Omega trigger but I am also in the group that would ditch the stock fire controls anyway.

Frame material....personal preference. IMHO the weight differences are almost negligible.

The era of NSN serial numbers has passed. Personally, I think its a bit of a cool factor. Does it add value? Maybe a little. Might add a tad to desirability and ease of sale.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I do not think the NSN is dead yet on P-01 models. It's now rollmarked onto the frame of 2019 models vs. the white lettering on 2018 and earlier models, but I *have* seen a 2019 P-01 with the NSN rollmark. I haven't seen a 2020 P-01 yet, and with COVID who knows when we'll start seeing these and if they'll continue to be rollmarked with the NSN like at least some of the 2019 production run had. And of course not every P-01 batch will even have the NSN on the frame... why some do and some don't is a CZ production mystery.

The Omega trigger being better or worse is debatable IMHO, but the P-01 Omega is a bit of a rarer bird and thus the implied desirability. You won't ever see a NSN on the frame of a P-01 Omega, but like the rarity of the Omega, having the NSN on the "traditional" P-01 is a bit desirable to many enthusiasts as well. The NSN stamp doesn't make the P-01 better, just a bit more of a novelty.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom