• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    There are other options out there...
    Like how about cutting all Entitlement Programs completely...
    I bet that would save us quite a bit of dough just right there...
    Veterans' medical care is considered an "entitlement program" and I think we're obligated as a country to support them. There are however several that we probably don't need. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I think Medicaid alone costs more than all the others combined.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have no Problem cutting Veterans Medical Care at all...
    Get rid of it as long as you get rid of ALL the handout programs in this Country...

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I have no Problem cutting Veterans Medical Care at all...
    Get rid of it as long as you get rid of ALL the handout programs in this Country...
    That's a fine message to send to those kids who are coming home every day wounded and maimed.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That's a fine message to send to those kids who are coming home every day wounded and maimed.

I am one of those kids that puts his ass on the line so 93% of the US can sit at home on the Couch and watch it on the Tube. Matter of fact that is were I have been for the last year. It is were I have spent most of my Life.

So when I say I can deal with losing the VA if it will get rid of the rest of the Entitlements I am fully aware, possibly more aware than most what "The kids coming home everyday wounded and maimed" are losing...

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I understand it, this is the Tobin Tax that Webster Griffin Tarpley has been advocating for years. You guys do realize that the real goal is to stop flash trading and market manipulation with trading algorithms right? A 1% tax on several thousand transactions a minute adds up pretty quick. Let the bankers pay the debt they created out of nothing. At current transaction rates is sounds like a good idea. The question is if the tax would cause a drop in those rates. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I could see this bill being the groundwork for all financial transactions through a bank or credit card. Meaning no more physical money changing hands. Just the ground work, but it's a good foundation.

Think about it. A 1% tax on ALL bank transactions. Loans, credit card transactions, bank card transactions, stock trades, anything that involves the banks. 2017 comes along and Income Tax is then gone. One of two things happen.

No new taxes are introduced. Trillions withdrawn from the banks within hours. Federal tax revenue drops far below sustainable levels. Facing governmental collapse, Fed. Gov. mandates all financial transactions, private and public, be through bank or credit card. Physical money becomes worthless or banned.

OR

Law goes into effect, Income Tax repealed. Trillions of $$$ are pulled from the banks within hours. Insert thousand new taxes and old taxes doubled. Private sector collapses. Government steps in to Police/Nanny the poor. Which quadruples.

I don't see this being a good idea. Replace the 1% Bank Tax with a 15% Sales tax on everything but milk and bread, eliminate property tax except inside city limits on towns larger than 1000 population sized, eliminate the Federal Reserve, Completely overhaul the IRS and the tax code, and watch the economy boom.

That's my plan. Now, if I'm off or wrong on any of that, or maybe something (ok a lot) needs added, I'm all ears. Errr... Eyes. :)

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I am one of those kids that puts his ass on the line so 93% of the US can sit at home on the Couch and watch it on the Tube. Matter of fact that is were I have been for the last year. It is were I have spent most of my Life.

So when I say I can deal with losing the VA if it will get rid of the rest of the Entitlements I am fully aware, possibly more aware than most what "The kids coming home everyday wounded and maimed" are losing...

Jeremy - There are a whole lot of us "93%" who've been in your boots. Those who have been there and done that want to see your generation treated better than we were 40+ years ago. Probably a topic for another thread.

Thank you for your service young man.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    As I understand it, this is the Tobin Tax that Webster Griffin Tarpley has been advocating for years. You guys do realize that the real goal is to stop flash trading and market manipulation with trading algorithms right? A 1% tax on several thousand transactions a minute adds up pretty quick. Let the bankers pay the debt they created out of nothing. At current transaction rates is sounds like a good idea. The question is if the tax would cause a drop in those rates. :dunno:

Eliminating bailouts would work much better if that were the goal. This 1% tax will simply be passed on to the consumer of whatever debt product is being sold. Companies don't pay taxes, consumers do.

Top Bottom