• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    Unfortinately that is where we are at. and it is just going to get worse. people want to just dismiss it,and say that you are wacked out. but facts are facts.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I watched the weather channel the other night when the big storm was sweeping across the country....damn, you want to see the product of the dumbing down America, holy crap! Some of the comments from news people, weather people, political figures, government dependent sheep...it really scared the **** out of me how stupid and panicked people can get, I wanted to laugh at the stupidity, but I was just too pissed off.

Things weren't this way when I was growing up, and I'm not sure when this whole scheme of creating a dumb, dependent society became a reality, but we are damn sure seeing the fruits of our governments labor now.:noway:

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    It is very simple***people who dont know what this country is supposed to be like will not fight for it when it gets taken away.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I watched the weather channel the other night when the big storm was sweeping across the country....damn, you want to see the product of the dumbing down America, holy crap! Some of the comments from news people, weather people, political figures, government dependent sheep...it really scared the **** out of me how stupid and panicked people can get, I wanted to laugh at the stupidity, but I was just too pissed off.
    I laughed for you. A lot.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Some of the logical points in this video would not be so easily overlooked if it were not such a biased propaganda piece.

Would anyone care to bet that the math I learned in high school is more advanced than the math that was taught 90 years prior? As much as America is behind in education compared to many other countries, we are light years ahead of where we were 100 years ago.

I think kids are obviously over diagnosed, and medication is often thrown at children as a "try and see, and come back" form of treatment. As much as that is a valid point in this video...

Schools do teach grammar.... they do teach arithmetic ... and the idea that everything is taught based on feelings is an illusion.

There are a lot of bad teaching practices that I believe contribute to our poor public school system... but blaming all school mass homicides on medication? I believe that is neglecting larger negative sociological impacts, and an attempt to over simplify the situation.

Fluoride? Really? :rolleyes:

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Would anyone care to bet that the math I learned in high school is more advanced than the math that was taught 90 years prior? As much as America is behind in education compared to many other countries, we are light years ahead of where we were 100 years ago. :rolleyes:

I absolutely would take that bet. They were learning how to do the things by hand that we do with our calculators. I believe they also placed more of an emphasis on geometry than we do. If you did calculus in high school, which the vast majority of students don't, then perhaps you could make the argument. However, generally speaking, we don't really get more advanced in high schools now, and they did the same without the benefit of a calculator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I absolutely would take that bet. They were learning how to do the things by hand that we do with our calculators. I believe they also placed more of an emphasis on geometry than we do. If you did calculus in high school, which the vast majority of students don't, then perhaps you could make the argument. However, generally speaking, we don't really get more advanced in high schools now, and they did the same without the benefit of a calculator

Calculators were not permitted until my second year of Algebra, in middle school..

Calculus was freshman year in high school...

I do think parental responsibilities is another topic that has great weight on the current school system. If kids do not want to take classes like calculus, and their parents do not push them, then they can take basic algebra in high school and "get by"... But that is like the slow reading class in first grade...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Some of the logical points in this video would not be so easily overlooked if it were not such a biased propaganda piece.

Would anyone care to bet that the math I learned in high school is more advanced than the math that was taught 90 years prior? As much as America is behind in education compared to many other countries, we are light years ahead of where we were 100 years ago.

I think kids are obviously over diagnosed, and medication is often thrown at children as a "try and see, and come back" form of treatment. As much as that is a valid point in this video...

Schools do teach grammar.... they do teach arithmetic ... and the idea that everything is taught based on feelings is an illusion.

There are a lot of bad teaching practices that I believe contribute to our poor public school system... but blaming all school mass homicides on medication? I believe that is neglecting larger negative sociological impacts, and an attempt to over simplify the situation.

Fluoride? Really? :rolleyes:

I'm really starting to wonder if some of these folks use toothpaste. :dunno:

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    For the most part the teachers are good. I however think they don't want the kid's to do much of anything. I was yelled at the other day because I was walking in the snow in front of school and I was not setting a good example for the kids. I also know that in 1st grade my son was taught about martin luther king jr, and he thought it was our fault that he had been killed. I do think the flouride is bad. I also think it is the parents responsibility to question everything thing the school is doing & teaching our kids. I coasted through high school, I was extremely board & not challenged in the least.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Contrary to what Rambone wants to believe it has little to nothing to do with the Meds...

This is a trend that has been happening here for Generations. It is far easier to Rule the Ignorant...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The Prussian education (indoctrination) model was first introduced in the 1860s following the civil war. Coincidence?

Governments like stupid people, or if you prefer, useful idiots.

Free thinkers are trouble makers, especially if that thinking leads to ideas like Liberty and Freedom. It's much better to tell people they're free and then go ahead and make a bunch of laws telling them where to go, what to do, and how to act.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I graduated in 09 and rarely used a calculator in HS. I was also in honors classes.

Top Bottom