Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "They just have a different world view dude, you shouldn't hate them for wanting you disarmed and dead."

I can't tell whether you're just naive or if you actually believe the things you say.

If we were debating civil rights, you're one of the types who would say it's all horseshoe theory and having civil rights and not having civil rights is the same thing, just with different opinions on either side.

P.S. I already understand their world view, it's shallow, read between the lines of what they say, because they always obfuscate their actual desires by hiding behind some other issue.

I said my view is from experience; coworkers, family, friends. Nearly everyone I work with is a democrat. We sometimes talk about politics in depth. I think I have a pretty good understanding of where they're coming from. I think you have no chance of ever drowning in the pool of your worldview. You call them shallow, which reveals the lack of your own depth. It sounds an awful lot to me like your opinion of them is derived from your ideological beliefs, and not from actual experience. Or, I dunno. Maybe you only ever encounter the radical, AOC type democrats. I can see why you might have a general resentment of that.

I think I formerly had such a shallow world view. It seemed to me that Democrats were pretty much as you think. And then I talk in depth with them, and get to know what their views actually are, and while I still don't agree with them, their behaviors and beliefs and depth were discordant with my worldview of them. I can either choose to continue to keep my worldview and ignore or discount the new information, or I can adjust my worldview to include the new information. Not every Democrat is AOC. Especially the blue-dog working class types.

My SIL is an AOC type, mostly. She says she's a moderate. But I think that's only because she lives in a bubble where everyone around her pretty much thinks the same way she does. But even she doesn't fit the mold you've imagined. I went to a family graduation last year. She stands for the national anthem, hand over heart, facing the flag. Pledges allegiance. Stands and applauds the graduates planning to go into the armed services. She has several behaviors, in fact, that are not bat**** crazy. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of bat**** crazy going on there. But she doesn't fit the mold completely.

I think if you don't allow reality to inform your worldview more than ideology, you're going to go around thinking the worst of people you don't even know. You're going to assert that they have hold views they don't actually hold. You're going to make a lot of false assumptions, which it seems you've done with Alpo. And maybe you don't care. But I kinda like reality more than I like ideologically fed worldviews. It's just more accurate. Some people are quite bad, but most people aren't as bad as you think, even if they vote Democrat.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    How many of those will signal their virtue on facebook after the next tragedy, posting a video of themselves sawing their panic bought firearm in half. Odds are, more than one will do it.
    So many illegally converted SBRs because they don't know what they are doing when they chop off the barrel :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I said my view is from experience; coworkers, family, friends. Nearly everyone I work with is a democrat. We sometimes talk about politics in depth. I think I have a pretty good understanding of where they're coming from. I think you have no chance of ever drowning in the pool of your worldview. You call them shallow, which reveals the lack of your own depth. It sounds an awful lot to me like your opinion of them is derived from your ideological beliefs, and not from actual experience. Or, I dunno. Maybe you only ever encounter the radical, AOC type democrats. I can see why you might have a general resentment of that.

I think I formerly had such a shallow world view. It seemed to me that Democrats were pretty much as you think. And then I talk in depth with them, and get to know what their views actually are, and while I still don't agree with them, their behaviors and beliefs and depth were discordant with my worldview of them. I can either choose to continue to keep my worldview and ignore or discount the new information, or I can adjust my worldview to include the new information. Not every Democrat is AOC. Especially the blue-dog working class types.

My SIL is an AOC type, mostly. She says she's a moderate. But I think that's only because she lives in a bubble where everyone around her pretty much thinks the same way she does. But even she doesn't fit the mold you've imagined. I went to a family graduation last year. She stands for the national anthem, hand over heart, facing the flag. Pledges allegiance. Stands and applauds the graduates planning to go into the armed services. She has several behaviors, in fact, that are not bat**** crazy. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of bat**** crazy going on there. But she doesn't fit the mold completely.

I think if you don't allow reality to inform your worldview more than ideology, you're going to go around thinking the worst of people you don't even know. You're going to assert that they have hold views they don't actually hold. You're going to make a lot of false assumptions, which it seems you've done with Alpo. And maybe you don't care. But I kinda like reality more than I like ideologically fed worldviews. It's just more accurate. Some people are quite bad, but most people aren't as bad as you think, even if they vote Democrat.

It doesn't come from ideology, it comes from life long experience dealing with these people, and the few that are intellectually honest enough to explain their world views without attempting mental gymnastics to obfuscate their views.

If it was purely an ideological affair, I'd be calling them communists, but because I know they're actually in the authoritarian capitalist camp, I do not.

You just don't quite grasp that these people would vote for your death if they had the option to, because they do not believe they hold any accountability with their vote, and no matter how egregious the actions their vote enables, they will continue to shirk responsibility and make excuses. You're literally watching it play out in this thread, over and over and over again.
    I suggest you actually engage with some in an anonymous format where they're more open to speak their mind about their true beliefs, rather than in a typical social context where they will hide their intentions due to peer pressure and social norms.

Might I suggest going and looking at democrat underground. Just google it, you can find it easily.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It doesn't come from ideology, it comes from life long experience dealing with these people, and the few that are intellectually honest enough to explain their world views without attempting mental gymnastics to obfuscate their views.

If it was purely an ideological affair, I'd be calling them communists, but because I know they're actually in the authoritarian capitalist camp, I do not.

You just don't quite grasp that these people would vote for your death if they had the option to, because they do not believe they hold any accountability with their vote, and no matter how egregious the actions their vote enables, they will continue to shirk responsibility and make excuses. You're literally watching it play out in this thread, over and over and over again.
    I suggest you actually engage with some in an anonymous format where they're more open to speak their mind about their true beliefs, rather than in a typical social context where they will hide their intentions due to peer pressure and social norms.

Ok, but what is to be done?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Like it or not - any vote for this as***** potato head biden is a vote for unconstitutionally disarming America.
    There is no "hoping" he doesn't mean it, or "wishing" he doesn't mean it.
    It is all there on his website.
    https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

But, but he's got hairy legs!

[video=youtube_share;BS5HCi-zsYE]http://youtu.be/BS5HCi-zsYE[/video]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Like it or not - any vote for this as***** potato head biden is a vote for unconstitutionally disarming America.
    There is no "hoping" he doesn't mean it, or "wishing" he doesn't mean it.
    It is all there on his website.
    https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

And Good Americans will not comply.

A vote for democrats is a vote to put a bullet in your neighbor solely because you disagree over whether a barrel shroud turns human beings into mass murderers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom