• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You got that right! The Ausie V8 supercars are fun to watch. Isn't there a similar series in Europe?

IndyCar has become an absolute snoozer and IMS is, and always has been, the worst spectator oval on the planet. But, back when half the field was built in a garage behind somebody's house in Speedway and A.J. Watson built most of the frames, it was a much better show. Yep, showing my age.

"Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters" (DTM). It's what NASCAR should be - production cars modified for racing. Not a bunch of bed frames with decals and stickers. (they still use carbs in NASCAR?)

The closest thing in America is the Pirelli World Challenge.

I use to watch a lot of sport car racing - Ausies, Brits, Germans and Americans (Speed Challenge), but all that was before the decline of Speedvision and it's devolution into "reality TV" and "turn left" racing.

These days it pretty much just F1 for me, There's a lot of variation between teams, and there may not be as much passing because it takes... skill.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You got that right! The Ausie V8 supercars are fun to watch. Isn't there a similar series in Europe?

IndyCar has become an absolute snoozer and IMS is, and always has been, the worst spectator oval on the planet. But, back when half the field was built in a garage behind somebody's house in Speedway and A.J. Watson built most of the frames, it was a much better show. Yep, showing my age.

I was a kid riding my bike to all of those little garages behind the track. I grew up there. It was in my blood and this current offering is a complete joke.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters" (DTM). It's what NASCAR should be - production cars modified for racing. Not a bunch of bed frames with decals and stickers. (they still use carbs in NASCAR?)

The closest thing in America is the Pirelli World Challenge.

I use to watch a lot of sport car racing - Ausies, Brits, Germans and Americans (Speed Challenge), but all that was before the decline of Speedvision and it's devolution into "reality TV" and "turn left" racing.

These days it pretty much just F1 for me, There's a lot of variation between teams, and there may not be as much passing because it takes... skill.

NAPCAR now allows fuel injection.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    what NASCAR should be - production cars modified for racing. Not a bunch of bed frames with decals and stickers. (they still use carbs in NASCAR?)

I agree, and if the car was front wheel drive on the assembly line, that is how it should be run on the track, we might see a lot more interesting innovation. Remember the Aero back window Monte Carlos that were offered so they could compete against the Thunderbirds? Remember the Richard Petty Mopars? or the year he raced a Ford? Remember Junior Johnson getting caught with a 4/5 sized car with golf ball looking dents all over it to cheat the wind? The Ford Thunderbolts?

I kind of like motorcycle hill climbs. They still race whatever they develop, you might see a 1960's BSA in a frame the guy made himself, followed by a twin cam, 16 valve 4 cylinder with all the hi tech bits, followed by a sportster engined rig, and they all have figured what it takes to make it to the top. Devils staircase in Ohio is pretty exciting.

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    NASWHAT? :):

reno_wallpaper1600.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    NAPCAR now allows fuel injection.

And I bet it's NASCAR "fixed in place" fuel injection that doesn't allow each team to innovate with their carburetion to get an edge over the competition?
    After all, it wouldn't be "fair" if one team had more innovative engine people on their team. :laugh:
    "Parity" while doing everything possible to stifle innovation is the prime directive.

Top Bottom