• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Let us start a thread about calibers that are dying, I'll start with the 41 MAGNUM, This was at least to me the perfect caliber, It can down any animal in AMERICA, but most people figure that 357 MAGNUM was enough for them & you can shoot 38 SPECIAL out of the same gun or The tough guys wanted more power & went with the 44 MAGNUM. The 41 MAG is an accurate round with less recoil of the 44 MAG.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    22 PPC ... I have one.
    Nice accurate round but pretty much long dead

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I dont think the .17 HM2 is going to make the cut. I do think the HMR will be around for awhile and I like its chances better if the ammo would come down in price.

I have always like .257 Roberts and I really dont know why more people dont ick it up.

I used to load alot of .22 Hornet but with the thin brass and expensive bullets I have put it aside.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How about .32 ACP?

With the better .380 in about the same package, why even bother?

Then again, the 9mm's are shrinking to about the same size as the .380's...

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    You're the first person I've heard that has that caliber, I've heard it's an accurate round, You must be a reloader, cause i've never seen that ammo for sale:dunno:

Yea I reload for it. Just shy of 22-250 velocity with a lot less recoil. brass is still out there but it's scarce

coachwill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    I hate to say it but I think the .280 is dying as well. I love my .280 Ruger but its getting harder and harder to locate ammo for it locally. Maybe its just a local thing for me.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I dont think the .17 HM2 is going to make the cut. I do think the HMR will be around for awhile and I like its chances better if the ammo would come down in price.

I have always like .257 Roberts and I really dont know why more people dont ick it up.

I used to load alot of .22 Hornet but with the thin brass and expensive bullets I have put it aside.
    Very few companies make 22 HORNET rifle, I don't see much going for it, cause the 223 is cheaper & plenty of 223 rifle.

Top Bottom