• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    My wife and I have been married for 15 years now, and I was just petting one of my 1911s and fondly remembering with pride how I aquired it.

When my wife and I were still dating and she WANTED me to ask her to marry me, I complained how women get a 1000$+engagement ring but the guys get squat!

She says.."you want a ring too?", I says," No! I want a 1911 pistol."
    She says, OK, when we get engaged, I will get you the gun:rockwoot:

I had to remind her about the gun to actually get it though, seems she forgot:rolleyes:

Johnny C

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Great story, great wife! I'm currently trying to convince my wife-to-be that I really deserve a nice sporting shotgun to celebrate our marriage in April, wish me luck!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I got a 10/22 as a wedding gift from my wife. She was kind enough to give it to me a couple days in advance, knowing that I couldn't take it to Mexico for our honeymoon.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    My wife got me a model 19 smith and wesson for fathers day 23 years ago.I said I'm not a father ,she said you will be .Still have all three wife gun and daughter.Milestone guns should be the next fiirearms marketing tool used to sell firearms .graduations engagements,first dates,full moons

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    SWMBO keeps asking when she gets a ring, I've told her if I spend a couple grand on a ring, I expect a supercharger for the car, or a decent AR with quality optics.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I had to remind her about the gun to actually get it though, seems she forgot

My wife and I have been married for 15 years now, and I was just petting one of my 1911s and fondly remembering with pride how I aquired it.

When my wife and I were still dating and she WANTED me to ask her to marry me, I complained how women get a 1000$+engagement ring but the guys get squat!

I had to remind her about the gun to actually get it though, seems she forgot:rolleyes:

Johnny C

Did you have to wait 15 years to get the 1911?? HA HA...Bill.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My wife of 26 years bought me my first handgun, a stainless Ruger Police Service Six 357, before we were married! Still love and have them both!! Hope I never lose either one!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I believe my wife would buy me a gun or two if I would only stop buying them first :)

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Quote "Did you have to wait 15 years to get the 1911?? HA HA...Bill."

No, I got it when we got engaged, I was just reminessing about it 15 years later, thinking about how smart I was :rockwoot:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    1 Sister, married though.

Her sis has been asking me about pistols lately.
    She is taking a pistol safety course, and has got her lifetime permit.
    She cant rack the slide on ANY of my simi-autos, so its gonna be a revolver for her.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

Johnny C
    Does she have a SISTER;)

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    My wife surprised me with a Ruger Red Label 20 Gauge after I proposed. Knives and guns are a real man's jewelery!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    And Smart you were, Johnny!!

Quote "Did you have to wait 15 years to get the 1911?? HA HA...Bill."

No, I got it when we got engaged, I was just reminessing about it 15 years later, thinking about how smart I was :rockwoot:

If we make it that far, in January, The Wife+I will have 39 years in of my "Life Without Parole" sentence. HA HA.
    BTW: She has YET to buy me a firearm--Just as well--She would probably get me a Jennings/RG/Hi-Point, etc....Bill.

Top Bottom