• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Sadly I intended on this on being a KISS rifle. haha. Fordtough, this thread is for you since you're a fellow lover of the 20 inch AR. :)

here is how she started her life:

a Bushmaster 20 inch a3 upper with all the goodies: 1/7 CL, government barrel, MPI, etc, etc which was mated onto a complete DS Arms lower with the fixed A2 buttstock. I added the carry handle from my Colt LE6920
    20110411115947.jpg

the next step was procure a BUIS. I went with the MBUS because I really like the sight on my Colt. I also added the Primary Arms M3 RDS which had been sitting in its box since December.
    20110429114047.jpg

fast forward a few weeks and I have been completely bewitched by the Magpul Kool-Aid, so I had Patti at TSG order me a set of MOE rifle handguards. I think they look pretty sweet.
    20110522152317.jpg

20110523102209.jpg

this morning i made another trip to Bradis to see Mark (who I am sure is really tired of talking to me by mow:laugh:). Like my M4, I added the Miad grip because it completely blows the A2 grip out of the water. I love the stipling and the beefiness of the Miad...makes for a more comfortable and secure grip imo. I also added the Magpul AFG2 and VTAC/Streamlight combo. I have to say I am already impressed by this little light. I like the momentary on feature and the light is much brighter than I anticipated. And then I threw a Bad Lever on there just because. :laugh: I think the BAD lever is a cool concept and fill go hand in hand with the BCM GF CH. But I will have to buy one for my m4 as well in order to be consistent.
    20110527113340.jpg

20110527113422.jpg

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Looking good. I love the refining process to get the rifle built to your needs and preferences.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That's pretty cool for a 20". ;)

The full-length MOE handguard dresses up that musket pretty nicely! ;)

In handling the gun at the shop today, I was impressed at how well everything worked together. And because it has a Gov't profile barrel, it is still fairly light and well-balanced, even with the extra goodies up front.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    LP can I please get a fit, and opinion report? How would you rate this on sturdiness.

seems every bit as sturdy as the a2 handguards, but without any play. one thing though, when installing the rail section, shooter had to use his knife to widen the slots a little bit in order to get the screws secure.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    The final list:

Bushmaster upper
    DS Arms lower
    Magpul MOE Handguard
    Magpul RAS sling mount
    Magpul AFG2