The Fed Grants $7.77 Trillion in Secret Bank Loan - Now Do You Understand Occupy

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, having spent the last couple of wks 'immersed' in their website..watched the LA eviction last night....good job on all sides keeping it peaceful, I must say that OWS has done a decent job of raising some issues most on this board would agree with. I DO NOT, however, agree with their tactics and have have lots of arguments with 'them' about that on their forum. Unfortunately, their core members don't want to work within our political system to affect needed changes. They claim to be a 'social' movement.

But, there are a lot of people (I think) like me who were attracted to their website just to find out what the heck they were up to/wanted and feel the same as I. Big money and Washington has gotten out of control. The bailouts I can't speak to with confidence due to conflicting media spin. Not sure, but there was an article that said Ron Paul's audit demand was met like last year and $16 trillion of financial institutuion handouts WORLWIDE were uncovered. Don't really remember that getting much coverage.

In the end, I hope they have raised awareness, but I don't think 2 mos of free camping on 'our' dime was appropriate.

The question is, where do we go from here? Congress isn't gonna clean up their act without some sort of prodding (really a gun to their heads). How can we the people demand reform? I had thought maybe the Tea party might be an avenue due to their organization, money and actual sitting reps, but I haven't seen anything about them picking up on any of this. The NO NEW TAXES thing doesn't really fly with me. Guess I never looked at the tax tables to realize that preferred divs and long term gains maxed out at 15% and that no sort of AMT covered the Buffet types. That has resulted in the ridiculousness of a high earning person paying a greater % in taxes. However, if they took ALL the money after a million it still wouldn't put a dent in our debt.

Bottom line, I think OWS has a few good messages but they are being lost in the noise that is their tactics. They have turned most of us off. I say a few good msgs cuz it's kinda also become a dumping ground for every little gripe someone has, since everyone (supposedly) has a voice. Not true. They are very rude to dissenters on the website.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I'm still not connected with Occupy. Everyone I speak to has a different opinion of what those people are protesting. They don't even have a group leader that that knows what is going on. Until they get there act together, and lay off the drugs and violence, I have no respect for them.
    AS far as I know, it's a group of lazy kids with no job, looking for a free handout from the government and wanting everything given to them. They have to work for it like everyone else in America. Their parent's spoiled them .

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Bottom line, I think OWS has a few good messages but they are being lost in the noise that is their tactics. They have turned most of us off. I say a few good msgs cuz it's kinda also become a dumping ground for every little gripe someone has, since everyone (supposedly) has a voice. Not true. They are very rude to dissenters on the website.

Just beware the superficial similarities. All that glitters is not gold. Opposing corporate bailouts because it was an inappropriate, extra-constitutional use of tax dollars is one thing. Doing so because you're pissed you didn't get those dollars for your pet projects is something else entirely. For every one that opposed the corporate bailouts, I guarantee he will have an equally inappropriate, extra-constitutional use for that money in mind. And no qualms about supporting it.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    If you haven't seen "Inside Job" I highly recommend it. It is a very thorough and clear explanation of the cause of this mess and the reasons behind the bailouts. IMHO This whole thing has been planned for a very long time, along with the "corporate" bailouts, which amount to large bank handouts. There where only two companies that actually produce a product that gained from the dispersal of cash, calling these corporate bailouts is a farce, these where Fed buddy handouts, plain and simple.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Just beware the superficial similarities. All that glitters is not gold. Opposing corporate bailouts because it was an inappropriate, extra-constitutional use of tax dollars is one thing. Doing so because you're pissed you didn't get those dollars for your pet projects is something else entirely. For every one that opposed the corporate bailouts, I guarantee he will have an equally inappropriate, extra-constitutional use for that money in mind. And no qualms about supporting it.

Is that anything like the Republicans being against spending us into bankruptcy on welfare but not minding at all if we get spent into bankruptcy killing every foreigner that ever scared them?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm suspicious of OWS the way I'm suspicious of the Egyptian and Libyan uprisings. Those countries were governed by murderous, thieving thugs. The uprisings, I fear, will produce a new crop of murderous thugs to take their place. The Fed is, essentially, a racketeer influenced corrupt organization on a scale never before seen in human history. However, OWS, by a wide majority of participants, wants to replace the thieving buttoned-down thugs of the Fed with their smelly selves looting the treasury. A pox on both their houses.

Top Bottom