• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As to the attitude accompanying your second comment: I recommend avoiding all science entirely, as it's quite obvious to you that it's just a farce. Who needs endocrinologists when you have good ol' fashioned intuition?

/thread derail

So what if science isn't my strong point? I simply refuse to believe that by touching plastic rather than EATING it that it can make you more "girly". Just as I refuse to believe that you can be born "gay". And you have no "science" to prove otherwise.

Oh, and btw, isn't intuition what leads to discoveries in science? Or is it just people fumbling around in the dark with no goals or ideas about what they're doing?

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    You should reread the article, as you've apparently reached the wrong conclusion. I could provide you with plenty more cases of this nature, but judging by your use of the term 'science', you'd only dismiss them.

"Males exposed to high doses in the womb went on to be less likely to play with boys' toys like cars or to join in rough and tumble games, they found." [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8361863.stm]

I should have clarified my use of the word 'intuition'. Uneducated intuition does not lead to discoveries in science. The fact is, we're more ignorant than we like to believe, and making assumptions in the field of science based on uneducated intuition overwhelmingly leads to false conclusions. I would be hard pressed to validly refute a nuclear engineer's claims, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself credible enough to make a statement in such regard.

Educated
    experience and intuition, based on scientific research, is what leads to discovery. If not for such experience, one wouldn't even be able to develop realistic goals or ideas as to what they hope to accomplish.

Ultimately, you'll only believe what you want to believe; just think twice before doling out advice where you lack credibility.

So what if science isn't my strong point? I simply refuse to believe that by touching plastic rather than EATING it that it can make you more "girly". Just as I refuse to believe that you can be born "gay". And you have no "science" to prove otherwise.

Oh, and btw, isn't intuition what leads to discoveries in science? Or is it just people fumbling around in the dark with no goals or ideas about what they're doing?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    :scared:Awaits Joe Williams's return.

Naw... if he's that threatened by my earrings, it's his problem. It would be rude to point out that perhaps he has some latent tendancies he's in denial about. :D

Though I am saddened to hear that my earrings will cause my damnation. I really didn't know he had that kind of authority, kind of thought that there had been only one human that walked the earth with that kind of power.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Another observation; Reading the responses to my original post, I can pick a few folks that have been effected by feminism/liberalism.

Three earrings in each ear?...........Oh POLEEEEEASE..Whats next? ...Tampons?

I don't really have any experience with those, but I really have no idea how one could fit three of those in each ear. :dunno:

If the SHTF, some of you just won't make it. You won't be able to feed yourself or your loved ones. Some of you will be burdons to to rest of us who can. So what if you have an AK, an AR or a Glock. One well placed .22 shot to the head and you're DRT (dead right there).

I'm trying to learn! I wasn't in any kind of boy/cub scouts as a child, but we went camping annually so I learned how to build a campfire. Never learned how to hunt or track, and only within the last 9 months did I really even start learning how to shoot. I hope if I met you in SHTF you'd take a little pity on me and help me out rather than use one of those well placed .22s! :ar15:

We have lost our way. We have forsaken God. We no longer think we need Him. We have kicked him out of our schools and now our Government. It scares me to think He might remove His hand from this country. Read the book of Ezekiel.
    Amen, brother!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    My dad had me working on construction sites when I was 12 years old. It amazed me what pussies I had to deal with in High School and College AND after College out in the work force. I had to go into business for myself because I didn't fit in to "corporate' culture....

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Another observation; Reading the responses to my original post, I can pick a few folks that have been effected by feminism/liberalism.
    Do NOT compare yourself to Christ Jesus........No Comparison!
    Condoms, condoms, condoms........You are a part of the problem, not the solution.
    Nothing wrong with counting calories......But not at DEER CAMP!
    Three earrings in each ear?...........Oh POLEEEEEASE..Whats next? ...Tampons?
    How do you know Jesus had long hair.
    Vikings wore earrings? ...Did you know any personally? ..Maybe they swung both ways?
    If the SHTF, some of you just won't make it. You won't be able to feed yourself or your loved ones. Some of you will be burdons to to rest of us who can. So what if you have an AK, an AR or a Glock. One well placed .22 shot to the head and you're DRT (dead right there). Video games won't help you. HD TV won't help you. And for pity sake, Obama won't help you!
    This country has had it too easy for too long. We have lost our way. We have forsaken God. We no longer think we need Him. We have kicked him out of our schools and now our Government. It scares me to think He might remove His hand from this country. Read the book of Ezekiel.

first highlighted part, please explain
    second highlighted part. show me a drawing of jesus with short hair.

short hair, no earings and no make up are only recent trends to for men. Geogre washington wore a long haired wig and make-up, it was common place in the day. nearly every culture in history men have wore either make up, earings, or long hair, even a combination of all three. only since around the industrial revolution has this stopped.

But what make a man is different for every culture as well. some believe a 13 year boy is a man. he can claim a wife and land. here your not a man legaly till really 21, becasue that is when legal age restrictions stop.

men during shakespeare's time wore was was by todays standards a short skirt with stockings.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Naw... if he's that threatened by my earrings, it's his problem. It would be rude to point out that perhaps he has some latent tendancies he's in denial about. :D

Though I am saddened to hear that my earrings will cause my damnation. I really didn't know he had that kind of authority, kind of thought that there had been only one human that walked the earth with that kind of power.

Deuteronomy 22:5

Just sayin'... ;)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hey! I'm watching my calories and fats and stuff.....

Because I am trying to drop weight to get into the service lol

Samesies... my dad told me to start counting calories if I really wanted to be effective at dropping the weight, but I haven't given in yet. Of course, I haven't really lost much weight yet either, so perhaps it's about due time. Seems like it'd be easier to lose the weight if I had to go thru Basic instead of doing it on my own!

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    Samesies... my dad told me to start counting calories if I really wanted to be effective at dropping the weight, but I haven't given in yet. Of course, I haven't really lost much weight yet either, so perhaps it's about due time. Seems like it'd be easier to lose the weight if I had to go thru Basic instead of doing it on my own!

Ya, it's a pretty good motivator. It's got me running and all sorts of stuff as well lol

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    sullivan_man_up.jpg

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    whos defining masculinity? because i coordinate clothes, have gotten manicures, train my hair, watch my calories, etc.

however, theres a good chance i could beat you in a fight, and or take your lady from you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom