The fight against breast cancer..just got better!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Just saw on the news this morning..a doctor has developed a vaccine for breast cancer...it is ready for animal testing...my mother died 10 years ago of this dreadful monster...my wife is a cancer survivor..so i can hardly contain myself with this great news....:rockwoot:..

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Saw it this morning. Lost my Grandma just over 20 years ago. Still tear up when I think of her.

yup..know what ya talking about....i have a 18 yr old daughter...with cancer taking so many of her love ones...i've always worried about her...now.with gods help, it will be one less thing we have to worry about..

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    tatas1.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have seen tons of studies that worked on laboratory animals, but not on humans. I saw Alzheimer's cured on mice that were genetically bread to get the disease, but when tried on humans the "cure" did nothing.

With cancer, and especially breast cancer, I have seen many drugs touted as the greatest cancer fighter ever, but with most cancers a drug is considered successful if it prolongs the lives of 20% or more in the study by two or more months.

My daughter is a brain scientist, and the cures she told me that work on laboratory animals usually don't translate to success in humans.

I lost my wife to breast cancer, and she took many of the drugs that were considered to be "the latest", but didn't work. Many times I turned on the TV to hear about the latest cancer fighter, but when they name it, usually I have been able to say, "yep, been there, and it didn't work".

I truly hope this latest "medical miracle" really works, but reality keeps popping up.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I lost a cousin to breast cancer. I sure hope they can find a cure for all cancers not only for this one. Any one of them would be a start and a miracle. Trying to be optimistic is hard when you see modern medicine not able to cure what a loved one has or had. I have a brother who may lose one of his legs to bone cancer. He is very scared right now as is my whole family. I really do pray for a cure for any cancer.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I dont see anything funny about this matter.

There is nothing funny about breast cancer. to not find humor in everyday life though would lead to a very dull life. I fear everyday that I will suffer the same fate as my grandmother, my aunts, so many other women. I don't dwell on it, I haven't lost humor in every day life either.
    Sorry that we did offend you though.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I understand that you have to have humor nothing wrong with that. I just feel there is a place and time thats all , and I am worried about my brother. I also hope you never have to deal with it either like the other women in your family.

Top Bottom