The fight against breast cancer..just got better!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Just saw on the news this morning..a doctor has developed a vaccine for breast cancer...it is ready for animal testing...my mother died 10 years ago of this dreadful monster...my wife is a cancer survivor..so i can hardly contain myself with this great news....:rockwoot:..

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Saw it this morning. Lost my Grandma just over 20 years ago. Still tear up when I think of her.

yup..know what ya talking about....i have a 18 yr old daughter...with cancer taking so many of her love ones...i've always worried about her...now.with gods help, it will be one less thing we have to worry about..

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    tatas1.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have seen tons of studies that worked on laboratory animals, but not on humans. I saw Alzheimer's cured on mice that were genetically bread to get the disease, but when tried on humans the "cure" did nothing.

With cancer, and especially breast cancer, I have seen many drugs touted as the greatest cancer fighter ever, but with most cancers a drug is considered successful if it prolongs the lives of 20% or more in the study by two or more months.

My daughter is a brain scientist, and the cures she told me that work on laboratory animals usually don't translate to success in humans.

I lost my wife to breast cancer, and she took many of the drugs that were considered to be "the latest", but didn't work. Many times I turned on the TV to hear about the latest cancer fighter, but when they name it, usually I have been able to say, "yep, been there, and it didn't work".

I truly hope this latest "medical miracle" really works, but reality keeps popping up.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I lost a cousin to breast cancer. I sure hope they can find a cure for all cancers not only for this one. Any one of them would be a start and a miracle. Trying to be optimistic is hard when you see modern medicine not able to cure what a loved one has or had. I have a brother who may lose one of his legs to bone cancer. He is very scared right now as is my whole family. I really do pray for a cure for any cancer.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I dont see anything funny about this matter.

There is nothing funny about breast cancer. to not find humor in everyday life though would lead to a very dull life. I fear everyday that I will suffer the same fate as my grandmother, my aunts, so many other women. I don't dwell on it, I haven't lost humor in every day life either.
    Sorry that we did offend you though.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I understand that you have to have humor nothing wrong with that. I just feel there is a place and time thats all , and I am worried about my brother. I also hope you never have to deal with it either like the other women in your family.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom