• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Fun video...drop a gear and stand on 5 liters of democracy...just read the Mototrend article on the new Cobra...+700 supercharged hp. Predicted $65k which for that kind of power is still a deal.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Fun video...drop a gear and stand on 5 liters of democracy...just read the Mototrend article on the new Cobra...+700 supercharged hp. Predicted $65k which for that kind of power is still a deal.

Nah, I'd much rather have my old 03 cobra 10th anniversary hardtop back 14yrs ago. Sold it after I had my first child. Be cheaper to take out the IRS and put in a straight axle and take off the supercharger and drop in a twin turbo kit. That factory short block was good to 1,000hp. Easily make 750+ at the wheels and still have power steering and a/c for way less than $65k

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Nah, I'd much rather have my old 03 cobra 10th anniversary hardtop back 14yrs ago. Sold it after I had my first child. Be cheaper to take out the IRS and put in a straight axle and take off the supercharger and drop in a twin turbo kit. That factory short block was good to 1,000hp. Easily make 750+ at the wheels and still have power steering and a/c for way less than $65k

The Terminator will always be king in my book. Maybe someday I’ll have enough coin to have one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had a friend years ago had a Mustang for a short time. Said, unbeknownst at purchase, the insurance payments were higher than the car payments. Was it just them or is insurance crazy expensive for Mustangs?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Was that the old original 5.0 block? Because I've got friends that are splitting those in half regularly at just under 500 hp normally aspirated!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Was that the old original 5.0 block? Because I've got friends that are splitting those in half regularly at just under 500 hp normally aspirated!

Nope. The DOHC Supercharged 4.6 was a Teksid block with a fully forged rotating assembly. Completely different engine. Yes the Fox 5.0s are known for splitting around that 500hp mark.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I drove a new Challenger last Wednesday with the 5.7 Hemi. It kind of made me feel the same way. So many fun toys out there. Can't have 'em all. Video was great.

I just did a build on ford's website. You can get a GT for $36,100. Wow!:rockwoot:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's usually those 2 bolt main caps that start to walk. You can use studs instead and get by a little longer. Me and my buddies never could afford the the 4 bolt main Dart blocks so we just used the billet aluminum main girdle with studs and we never had any issues. Most of our cars were low 7 sec 1/8 mile. 2 of my buddies ran NX kits and me and my other buddy ran intercooled prochargers.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Top Bottom