• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    A well thought out and logical list...agree with all.

One small point on the "Hush Puppy", aka Mk22 Mod 0. They were modified Model 39's not double stack 59s. Another interesting feature was the ability to lock the slide making it a single shot, but reduced the noise from cycling.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The OPs list is well thought out and I agree with the selections and reasoning. For #5 on the list I also have to agree with the Smith & Wesson K frame. The Model 10 is a great gun that inspired a lot of copies and updates.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    A well thought out and logical list...agree with all.

One small point on the "Hush Puppy", aka Mk22 Mod 0. They were modified Model 39's not double stack 59s. Another interesting feature was the ability to lock the slide making it a single shot, but reduced the noise from cycling.
    The Hush Puppy project included a Model 39 that had been modified to accept a Browning Hi-Power 13 round magazine. These experimental weapons were all stainless and about 12 of them were made and issued to SEAL's in the field. It wasn't adopted.

This is a little known fact about the Hush Puppy project. Yes, the initial Hush Puppy was a Model 39 with a suppressor and the ability to lock the slide.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    The 1911 and Glock are really the only influential pistols of the 20th century, all others are just copies. Also, the revolver is obsolete. Just my opinions.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Nice pic and good, solid choices that I wouldn't argue with. :yesway:

How's the recovery going?
    Going good. I hope to see you tomorrow, right now the plan is to head down to Indy to hit the gun show and swing by your shop. I have to drop some stuff off for Fenway.

Once I hobble through the door I hope to have lunch and to be greeted by throngs of fans. Can you make that happen for me? :D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The 1911 and Glock are really the only influential pistols of the 20th century, all others are just copies. Also, the revolver is obsolete. Just my opinions.

Only the fact that you have the coolest/funniest avatar on INGO prevents my head from exploding. "The revolver is obsolete." I am afraid sir that comment deserves a "Harumph". So here goes.....:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY[/ame]

There. Take that!

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    If I were to include a single revolver, which would it be? Which one of the revolvers made post 1900 was so revolutionary that every other revolver made after it copied it's features. Don't pick a revolver like the Model 10 that was designed in 1899, it has to be something designed post 1900 that truly changed the face of revolver technology.

I'd have to say the N-frame Smith and Wesson in its original .357 magnum configuration. Everything else as a .357 service weapon came from that. Only problem with it was its weight - carrying it for a full eight hours got tiresome. Then they came up with Model 19/Model 66 - same gun more or less, Model 19 in blue steel or nickel plated, Model 66 in stainless. Too light to handle steady diet of full bore .357s. Then they came up with the 686, which was the ideal compromise. (I know, kind of like the three bears - too big, too small, just right.) But it all started with the Model 27 N-frame.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Only the fact that you have the coolest/funniest avatar on INGO prevents my head from exploding. "The revolver is obsolete." I am afraid sir that comment deserves a "Harumph". So here goes.....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY

There. Take that!

I did say it was just my opinion.:dunno:

I actually love revolvers and if the game was 19th century guns I'd put the Colt Walker and SAA on my list. My favorite gun of all time might be the 1860 Army.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I did say it was just my opinion.:dunno:

I actually love revolvers and if the game was 19th century guns I'd put the Colt Walker and SAA on my list. My favorite gun of all time might be the 1860 Army.

I was just teasing buddy. The only way I know to show that is this guy:D. If you want to really see something cool do the old John Wesley Hardin trick. Take the grips and grip frame from an 1860 army and put it on a Colt SAA. Oh my. That is a neat combo!!!

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    The Hush Puppy project included a Model 39 that had been modified to accept a Browning Hi-Power 13 round magazine. These experimental weapons were all stainless and about 12 of them were made and issued to SEAL's in the field. It wasn't adopted.

Learned something new! Have never even seen a pic of that "unicorn" guessing if the frame was widened, Smith had to do it in house and they were not modded at Crane. Repped!

chefjamescia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Saying that the G17 "Made an Impact" is like saying Michael Jordan made an impact on basketball, he changed the game.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Saying that the G17 "Made an Impact" is like saying Michael Jordan made an impact on basketball, he changed the game.
    Not everyone sees it that way. I've caught quite a bit of flak over including the Glock. Those opposed to its inclusion claim it brought nothing new to the table.

Of course I disagree, but it's funny how so many people have different yet very strong opinions about this particular handgun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Solid choices, I see no grounds to disagree.

In talking to customers at the shop, I find that folks either love or hate Glocks; there is almost no middle ground.

I knew I was strange.:D I am indifferent to Glocks. But I was indifferent about most guns . . . Smith .22 revovlers excepted of course.:laugh:

I own a half dozen G17s and a couple of G21s.

When the giant rats and battling the giant cockroaches for world domination when will be using AK-47s and Glocks.

Top Bottom