• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imddk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2012
    There are free Kindle editions of the US Constitution, Bill of Rights, History of the US etc...
    OK, I'll stop now, unless something really interesting pops up...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-United-States-Constitution-ebook/dp/B004TPCQWC/ref=sr_1_212?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1339380769&sr=1-212"]http://www.amazon.com/The-United-States-Constitution-ebook/dp/B004TPCQWC/ref=sr_1_212?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1339380769&sr=1-212[/ame]

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    OK. I'm a little uncomfortable with this one, but it might be of value to some:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prep-School-Prepping-Period-ebook/dp/B007T1RKXI/ref=zg_bs_157564011_2"]Prep School: Prepping For Your Period[/ame]

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    whole bunch of History for nuttin.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-War-of-Independence-ebook/dp/B004TRFD6G/ref=pd_sim_kstore_61?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2]The War of Independence: John Fiske: Amazon.com: Kindle Store[/ame]

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Just remember you don't need a kindle. smartphones & tablets can read them. also you can get software on your pc to read them.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    This thread almost makes me want to purchase a kindle. Good stuff

what others say is true avoid the kindle and the nook a non proprietary device can handle both apps and you get the best of both worlds

i read on my android phone and have both apps

jake

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Amazon has a list of Top 100 freebies that is updated hourly (ranking is based on downloads I think). The "front page" list is across all genres, but you can check the Top 100 (or less because not all categories have 100 titles) in any category you want.

Simply go to amazon.com. Under "Shop by Department," hold the cursor over "Kindle" then choose "Kindle Store" in the expanded menu that pops up to the right. On the far right side, where it says Kindle Best Sellers and has two tabs (Top 100 Paid and Top 100 Free), scroll down to the end of that list where it says "See all Best Sellers in Kindle Content). This loads the full list, not just the top 10 or so visible on the page.

Those are the Top 100 across all genres/categories.

If you want to narrow the search, on the left side of the screen, click "Kindle ebooks." Then pick your category. For titles relevant to this forum, click the "nonfiction" link. You'll be able to find good titles in the following subcategories:
    Advice and How-to
    Lifestyle and Home
    Cooking, Food, and Wine
    Medicine
    Professional and Technical

Of course, it's not limited to these categories. And some titles are in multiple categories.

Free titles are always the right-hand column of titles. Word of warning though: this can become addictive.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Don't see this one making the best sellers list, but someone may be interested: Gunsmiths calendar

Gunsmiths born and died dates, major weapons patent dates, guns manufacturing opening dates, gunsmithing history dates, and etc.

Top Bottom