• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Look, I don't like the guy either but the President of the U.S CANNOT "pass" legislation, as was inferred above. Most if not all so called experts agree that the House majority will not change and the Senate can be truly up for grabs. We've been down this gun control road before and the politicos on both side have had to go off into the corner and lick their wounds after it.Neither House or Senate has the stones to go after the guns. They want to keep their jobs and power and know they can easily lose both if they cross this issue. Can the President do stuff by executive order and / or directives ? Sure. But after the whole Fast and Furious fiasco, Holder won't last till the Fall election. He's a millstone around Obama's neck. Most Cabinets don't last into the second term anyway.
    Truthfully, speaking in general terms, we are sometimes our own worst enemies. I wonder how much of this type of thing is generated by the industry itself ? Face it, there's no money to be made if a far right conservative would be elected.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    You have a lot of faith in a system that has failed us repeatedly. President Obama has no problem circumventing rules and traditions that have served us for 200+years. When he is reelected (because the Republicans are morons), I have no doubt he will look for ways around Congress pn gun control, Obamacare, and any other aspect of our lives. He has done it several times before. It's just the Chicago way.

Look, I don't like the guy either but the President of the U.S CANNOT "pass" legislation, as was inferred above. \

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i'm going to laugh when Romney gets elected and the prices drop immediately.

Unemployment isn't going anywhere and if gas spikes to $5/gallon, no one except the leftists will vote for Obama.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    This info is indirect, but thetruthaboutguns.com says that Buds Gun Shop is sending out a message to gun buyers that they are swamped because people are buying five times as many guns as in Feb 2009. That is crazy if true. Has anyone purchased from Buds recently and can confirm this? I couldn't find anything about it on Buds web site.

Link

i ordered a gun from buds this past tuesday and was told it would be at least 2-3 weeks before it even shipped out.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    i'm going to laugh when Romney gets elected and the prices drop immediately.

Unemployment isn't going anywhere and if gas spikes to $5/gallon, no one except the leftists will vote for Obama.

Romney is a gun grabber.

But your second point is the important one. I think there is an extra early start to the price ramp happening now - but it will die down well before the election due to gas prices and renewed recession.

I think any gun legislation is DOA, it is political suicide.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't know why people get in a tizzy about this stuff. I've had everything I need for quite a while now. Sure, I'll still buy guns if it's something that fits into my line of thinking, AND it's a really good deal, but I took care of the "needed" stuff many years ago.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Romney is a gun grabber.

But your second point is the important one. I think there is an extra early start to the price ramp happening now - but it will die down well before the election due to gas prices and renewed recession.

I think any gun legislation is DOA, it is political suicide.

I don't know about Romney being a gun grabber, I have not done my homework on him, I just don't care for him in general.
    Let's hope any legislation is DOA, and as far as gas goes, it's funny when Bammy was running the prices were all George W's fault. Who's fault is it now, 4 years in office?????

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't know why people get in a tizzy about this stuff. I've had everything I need for quite a while now. Sure, I'll still buy guns if it's something that fits into my line of thinking, AND it's a really good deal, but I took care of the "needed" stuff many years ago.

Your avatar looks eerily familiar. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I don't know about Romney being a gun grabber, I have not done my homework on him, I just don't care for him in general.
    Let's hope any legislation is DOA, and as far as gas goes, it's funny when Bammy was running the prices were all George W's fault. Who's fault is it now, 4 years in office?????

A bill he signed in 2004 enacted a permanent ban on assault weapons -- reportedly the first such state law in the country.

In 1994, when he was challenging Democratic Sen. Edward Kennedy, Romney supported two gun control measures -- the Brady Bill, which required background checks for gun purchases, and a ban on certain types of assault weapons.

‘We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts, I support them, I won't chip away at them. I believe they protect us.’

There is more out there - he has recently flip flopped on a lot of these issues and I think they try to hide these facts to make him be more appealing.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    You miss my point. I have NO FAITH in the system, at least the system as we have known it. What I do have faith in is dirty , greasy, slimy, immoral politicians not wanting to lose their jobs.Gun control is the death knell to anyone running for office. Done been proven. Even Hillary said it was off the table, and she's a damn savvy politico. Didn't say I like her(before anyone gets funny ideas) but she is savvy.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

Romney is also a gun grabber. That's easy information to find.

And let's not forget that gas prices are twice as much now as they were when Hussein took office 4 years ago.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I have no doubt that the election has something to do with it but did anyone consider it's tax refund time? Instead of putting the money in the bank drawing no interest people are wising up and putting it into something that at least retains some value and maybe even goes up depending on how the situation develops over the the next year.

I expect the buying frenzy will slow down a bit after tax time. Unlike 2008, the average household doesn't have as much discretionary income today due to the poor economy.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I have no doubt that the election has something to do with it but did anyone consider it's tax refund time? Instead of putting the money in the bank drawing no interest people are wising up and putting it into something that at least retains some value and maybe even goes up depending on how the situation develops over the the next year.

I expect the buying frenzy will slow down a bit after tax time. Unlike 2008, the average household doesn't have as much discretionary income today due to the poor economy.

Yeah that probably helps the situation. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts. My only point of this thread was to let folks who might be thinking about buying/building an AR or AK to do it now while you can still find stuff because in a month or two it might be hard to find. Just in the last couple of weeks there have been a lot more "out of stock" notices. I wouldn't count on the frenzy to die down after tax season

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Yeah that probably helps the situation. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts. My only point of this thread was to let folks who might be thinking about buying/building an AR or AK to do it now while you can still find stuff because in a month or two it might be hard to find. Just in the last couple of weeks there have been a lot more "out of stock" notices. I wouldn't count on the frenzy to die down after tax season

I saw the post on Del-ton's Facebook, but was not going to post it because it doesn't help, at all. It actually creates the problem. Omg! People are buying everything, I need to buy stuff too!

I would venture to guess that if the media said the economy were improving, even if it weren't, that you would actually see an improvement in it.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I saw the post on Del-ton's Facebook, but was not going to post it because it doesn't help, at all. It actually creates the problem. Omg! People are buying everything, I need to buy stuff too!

I would venture to guess that if the media said the economy were improving, even if it weren't, that you would actually see an improvement in it.

The liberal media have been saying that the economy is better for a while now. Trying to get their guy re-elected.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    [QUOTE

I would venture to guess that if the media said the economy were improving, even if it weren't, that you would actually see an improvement in it.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused here. How do you see an improvement that is not there?

Top Bottom