Lafayette, Indiana
    92660069_1377001029172595_5124772827471282176_n.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Pretty sure that's rhetorical, but here goes...

I did 28 years in the Army. Towards the end of my career, after her watching me go off one deployment after another, my luck ran out. I got my truck blown out from under me in Iraq. So, they don't let me re-up, I retire, all banged up, and with some PTSD issues, and need a service dog... that the wife gets for me as a pup.

Well, said dog grows up to be 93 pounds, and sheds a lot, and follows me around like my shadow. (that's her job) Now the wife takes to calling her "the other woman"... lol. Even when we're at the wedding of a friend's son... there's Brandy on the dance floor with us... or laying down at the table looking at me like "Why am I NOT out on the dance floor with you?" lol. Whenever I have to go in for another surgery, or some other lengthy procedure, and the wife has to sit out there waiting with Brandy... Brandy is anxious the whole time. Brandy has never been separated from me except for those times. The wife, on the other hand, has watched me leave for months at a time, a year and a half at a time, over, and over again...

We never had problems with dogs (family pets) being on the furniture before I got a service dog. It was always OK. Some people never allow it, but we always did. I think the wife is just getting burned out on having a disabled vet with a service dog for a hubby sometimes. She's actually (the wife) my guardian angel. (ok, the dog is too)

Anyhow... I thought it would be a funny meme.

Wow, thank you very much for your service, and for sharing. That is kind of a mixed emotion story - I'm very sorry that your luck ran out but also very happy that you have your angels.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Wow, thank you very much for your service, and for sharing. That is kind of a mixed emotion story - I'm very sorry that your luck ran out but also very happy that you have your angels.

Well, My luck didn't really run out. I came home... and Jody didn't get the wife...

I won't consider myself unlucky until the left destroys this country I served for so long...
    but I got something to say about that too, but between now, and the time it kicks off, I'll just make memes...

and buy ammo...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pretty sure that's rhetorical, but here goes...

I did 28 years in the Army. Towards the end of my career, after her watching me go off one deployment after another, my luck ran out. I got my truck blown out from under me in Iraq. So, they don't let me re-up, I retire, all banged up, and with some PTSD issues, and need a service dog... that the wife gets for me as a pup.

Well, said dog grows up to be 93 pounds, and sheds a lot, and follows me around like my shadow. (that's her job) Now the wife takes to calling her "the other woman"... lol. Even when we're at the wedding of a friend's son... there's Brandy on the dance floor with us... or laying down at the table looking at me like "Why am I NOT out on the dance floor with you?" lol. Whenever I have to go in for another surgery, or some other lengthy procedure, and the wife has to sit out there waiting with Brandy... Brandy is anxious the whole time. Brandy has never been separated from me except for those times. The wife, on the other hand, has watched me leave for months at a time, a year and a half at a time, over, and over again...

We never had problems with dogs (family pets) being on the furniture before I got a service dog. It was always OK. Some people never allow it, but we always did. I think the wife is just getting burned out on having a disabled vet with a service dog for a hubby sometimes. She's actually (the wife) my guardian angel. (ok, the dog is too)

Anyhow... I thought it would be a funny meme.

Thank you for your service, the meme never showed for me, not even a broken link indicator. This has been happening a lot lately.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Now that's funny if it were real.

Oh it's real. About 50 years ago me and my cousin was at our great aunts house, doing what kids do. We were exploring this house and in her bedroom we found this big chocolate bar, after eating most of this chocolate bar we went back to where everyone was at. After a while my cousin started having a upset belly and going to the bathroom. After that the adults started questioning us about the missing x lax. My cousin finally confessed to eating it as he was crying on the toilet. I stayed firm on I didn't eat any despite my cousin trying to rat me out. I thought I had gotten away with it until I was almost home, then the truth came out. To this day I am not very fond of chocolate.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Oh it's real. About 50 years ago me and my cousin was at our great aunts house, doing what kids do. We were exploring this house and in her bedroom we found this big chocolate bar, after eating most of this chocolate bar we went back to where everyone was at. After a while my cousin started having a upset belly and going to the bathroom. After that the adults started questioning us about the missing x lax. My cousin finally confessed to eating it as he was crying on the toilet. I stayed firm on I didn't eat any despite my cousin trying to rat me out. I thought I had gotten away with it until I was almost home, then the truth came out. To this day I am not very fond of chocolate.

We used to use laxatives for weight loss during wrestling season in high school.
    I used to put Feen-a-Mint gum laxatives in Chiclet boxes and hand some out to people in the crowd before the matches - anybody that wanted some - they looked just like Chiclets. Some people would take 3 or 4.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If you have someone that really deserves a "thank you", and you're any good with baking, Ex-Lax brownies, Ex-Lax chip cookies... a little creativity and the effort will be, um, "appreciated".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom