Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How is it up there?

The atmospheric pressure is approximately 4.89 lb/in^2, which as anyone knows is 33.7 kPascal. As an aside, the metric pressure unit, Pascal, was named after famed scientist and mathematician Blaise Pascal. For those who are not familiar with metric pressure units, one Pascal = one Newton per square meter, or 1 Pa = 1 N/m^2. Another interesting point is that Pascal was a noted Catholic theologian in his day, which was not uncommon among scientists and mathematicians. Another example would be Isaac Newton, founder of Newtonian Mechanics and differential Calculus, but I digress.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    cheguevaratshirtcostume.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.
    I guess that’s a practical way to look at it. Whether a tomato is a vegetable or fruit depends on who does the classification. If it’s a scientist, it fits their definition of a fruit. If it’s a chef, it’s a vegetable.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I guess that’s a practical way to look at it. Whether a tomato is a vegetable or fruit depends on who does the classification. If it’s a scientist, it fits their definition of a fruit. If it’s a chef, it’s a vegetable.

That would be the difference between it being a botanical fruit, but a culinary vegetable.

Rhino...I'm up on top of Mount Pedantic...I don't see you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom