• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I mean, I haven't read beyond the headline yet... but... technically good news?

I think I'm mixing up too much "justice served" news with "good/uplifting" news.

DoCak_FXUAEtr0f.jpg:small

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    3.7% unemployment, the lowest since 1969
    Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but if you compare apples-apples, that isn't exactly true. Several definitional changes have happened since then so it isn't a real comparison.

It is still relatively good news, though, that we are about back to where we were in 1999-2000.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but if you compare apples-apples, that isn't exactly true. Several definitional changes have happened since then so it isn't a real comparison.

It is still relatively good news, though, that we are about back to where we were in 1999-2000.

Take a look at whats out there in the job market that is in need of filling. Everything from busing tables to high-tech.

Not wanting to start a discussion I just know there are a lot of jobs available and no willing bodies to fill them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/def...ry-vet-brother-hospital-anyway-152916426.html
    'Definitely karma': Woman dials wrong number, but Jimmy John's employee drives her military vet brother to hospital anyway

Soon, she received a phone call; it was from another Jimmy John’s worker, Zach Hillmer — but of course, she didn’t know that. “He said, ‘Hi, my name is Zach, and I’m going to go take your brother to the hospital. But first I have one question for you: How did you get this number?'” She told him her brother gave it to her to reach his social worker. “He said, ‘Ma’am, you’ve called Jimmy John’s.'”
    Laughing hysterically in a phone interview with Yahoo Lifestyle, Nagengast recalled feeling mortified while her husband sat laughing in the car next to her. “I thought, ‘I just have to gracefully exit out of this phone call now.’ This s*** only happens to me!”
    Hillmer, who also served in the military, was more than happy to help a fellow veteran. “Till the day I die, if another service member needs help, then I’m gonna do it,” Hillmer told local news station WAFF. “[Zach] told me, ‘Just give me his name and address and make sure he gets in the car with me, and I will make this happen,'” Nagengast said.
    Thanks to Voss and Hillmer’s quick response — and a nine-mile drive to the hospital — Nagengast’s brother is stabilized, at home, and doing well. It turns out drainage from the incision, hypersensitive nerves, and pain medication that wasn’t strong enough were to blame for the veteran’s discomfort.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Not sure if this counts or not, but I got some good news today after talking about time off with the boss.

After a long stint on the road, which has been over 8 1/2 months so far, and working 80 hour weeks for the last 6 weeks, I'm about to get a long awaited break. I'll only be working 9 days in the month of November, and 10 days in the month of December. The rest of that time I will either be sitting in my tree stand, or hanging out with my better half.

Very much looking forward to some time at home.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not sure if this counts or not, but I got some good news today after talking about time off with the boss.

After a long stint on the road, which has been over 8 1/2 months so far, and working 80 hour weeks for the last 6 weeks, I'm about to get a long awaited break. I'll only be working 9 days in the month of November, and 10 days in the month of December. The rest of that time I will either be sitting in my tree stand, or hanging out with my better half.

Very much looking forward to some time at home.

:yesway:
    good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.military.com/daily-news...navy-sailor-arrested.html?ESRC=navy_190101.nl
    Brother of Suspect in Fatal Shooting of Good Samaritan Navy Sailor Arrested

Well, it's not "good" news. A sailor stopped to help someone, and was killed.

But another suspect has been arrested.

The good Samaritan/victim
    curtis-adams-facebook-900.jpg

Adams was a first-generation American whose parents both immigrated to New York from the West Indies, according to his cousin, Desmond Abrams Jr.

Adams enlisted in the Navy in 2016. He was a steelworker with Amphibious Construction Battalion 1, and was stationed at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, military officials said.

"He was very excited about deploying and doing his job with the Navy," Abrams Jr. said in October. "He loved the uniform. He was really proud of being a sailor."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Important to remember that most the time people do the right thing. Good to these young men take action.

BTW, that story needs a much more click-bait headline. Something like:

Teens smash glass door, break into elderly woman's house. What happens next will shock you!

Top Bottom