• ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    On a personal note, good news.

My step mom called tonight from WI to let me know how things are going. My dad died after Christmas last year and I have been a little worried about her living alone with just a Jennings jam-o-matic .22 for protection.
    I bought a Ruger Security 380 and let her shoot it to make sure she could handle it with her weak hands. She shot well and it did not jam like the Jennings. Before I could work out how to get her one, she went to a local gun shop and bought her own.
    Next step, why she called tonight. She took the class to get her WI CCW. Learned a few thing and enjoyed the live fire session. Now she just has to file the paper work to get her CCW.
    I am happy to be helping her on this journey but frustrated at the limitations being 600 miles away brings. My step sister and her husband moved a house on the property last year and are close to lend a helping hand so that does ease my mind.

My point, I am happy my step mom is closer to getting her CCW and is keeping me informed all the way!!

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    It's unfortunate that the "Good News" thread doesn't even have a second page, while bad news fills our screens everyday, Well, I'll add another one. I met up with my longest time friend after a hiatus of almost a decade this year. He had been drowning in debt and addictions, and decided to turn his life around after the death of a classmate back in July. Now has a full time job, is regularly attending church, and is on the right path of rebuilding his life. Good luck to you Joey!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It's unfortunate that the "Good News" thread doesn't even have a second page, while bad news fills our screens everyday, Well, I'll add another one. I met up with my longest time friend after a hiatus of almost a decade this year. He had been drowning in debt and addictions, and decided to turn his life around after the death of a classmate back in July. Now has a full time job, is regularly attending church, and is on the right path of rebuilding his life. Good luck to you Joey!
    Initially I though Big Red was back. I know some would disagree but IMHO that would be good news also.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I miss Big Red. I'm just not adequately skilled with asterisk use.
    Agreed.
    INGO lost a bit of its luster with Ole Red missing
    Hopefully when he returns he can keep it between the ditches cause another strike, like what cost him 6 months, will make it permanent.

Just an FYI, the mods all want him back as well. We didn't want to have to take action, but action had to be taken

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Hopefully when he returns he can keep it between the ditches cause another strike, like what cost him 6 months, will make it permanent.

Just an FYI, the mods all want him back as well. We didn't want to have to take action, but action had to be taken
    If he moved to Illinois maybe he would get a better deal. People get out of jail there when they carjack someone so how can you justify so much time in the hole for a slip of the tongue? He's a good boy and trying to turn his life around. the man just keeps putting him down. :shady:

Top Bottom