The good, the bad, and the ugly. A rant from Christian.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I've been carry permitless for almost 9 months now. Having carried every day before my permit expired, I was always feeling naked. Being 9 months later, that feeling hasn't left me. I still feel as naked as the day I had to leave Miss Kimber at home. I'll be getting my tax check soon and the anticipation is building. But another feeling is building at the same time. Anger. Why anger, you ask? I'll tell you. I keep thinking about the fact that I need a permit. A piece of paper telling me the government finds me worthy of protecting myself. Why do I need to spend money when I already pay taxes so the government allows me to do something that the constitution SAYS I can do already? The right to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed. It doesn't say, "denied." It says, "infringed." Meaning even the smallest regulation put down is unconstitutional. The constitution allows me to keep AND bear arms. This doesn't just allow me to own one, but to carry it. TO BEAR IT! When you bear a burden, it means to carry it with you. I should be able to grab my sidearm, strap her on, and go about my merry way day in and day out without worry of being arrested. People can exercise their freedom of speech without worry, why can I not exercise my 2A rights the same way? What law maker looked at the second amendment and said, "the people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns unchecked, they might hurt themselves! Or me!!!!" I tell you lawmakers this. There will be a reckoning. You will push and push until we break. The right to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

*steps off his soapbox*

:patriot:

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    You do have a good point. Why do we need to pay to exercise our right? I don't have to pay for any others. I think we need to pin a letter to somebody.

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    good point. are you saying that you're carrying illegally? just kidding, don't want to start a riot. i was kinda shooting around the same idea when i got my life permit. but then again, the right to keep and bear arms in your house is legal without a permit. just another way that the governement has restricted our rights as law abiding citizens.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    pay to play these days my friend, no matter how wrong it is.

True. As much as I don't like the setup as it stands...we do have it a lot better than most other states (I have a buddy who lives in downtown Chicago now, I don't think he is even allowed yeah for help if he is mugged...would probably result in a noise violation).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    [snip...]

A piece of paper telling me the government finds me worthy of protecting myself.

Nope, it's a receipt for the GOV taking your money. They have to give you SOMETHING in return for your money, right? So they give us a little pink paper.

Why do I need to spend money when I already pay taxes so the government allows me to do something that the constitution SAYS I can do already?

Because a group of money-hungry politicians got together and said, "We need more money coming into the State for XXX project and we need to justify a need for our ISP troopers over the long-term, plus plain 'ol job security. Throw in today's societal need to track everyone, every thing every time and that money has to come from somewhere, hence "user fees."

I have talked to a few people who work for the State in downtown Indy, and they are telling me that a few of the head honcho's in the ISP are getting worried because most everyone applying or renewing their LTCHs are going for the lifetime license. The influx of money into the State's coffers from this revenue stream will dry up quickly over the next five years or so.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    good point. are you saying that you're carrying illegally?

Yeah I thought I read it that way too at first. Then I realized he was saying that he was "carry-permit-less" meaning "without carry permit" not "carrying permitless" or "carrying without a permit".

Clear as mud?

I know Christian well enough to know he doesn't carry illegally, but it sure made me do a double-take!

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Yeah. I wont get caught without my permit cause I know I'll never be able to get one after that. I'm just tired of these stupid restrictions on something that was never meant to be restricted.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I've been carry permitless for almost 9 months now. Having carried every day before my permit expired, I was always feeling naked. Being 9 months later, that feeling hasn't left me. I still feel as naked as the day I had to leave Miss Kimber at home. I'll be getting my tax check soon and the anticipation is building. But another feeling is building at the same time. Anger. Why anger, you ask? I'll tell you. I keep thinking about the fact that I need a permit. A piece of paper telling me the government finds me worthy of protecting myself. Why do I need to spend money when I already pay taxes so the government allows me to do something that the constitution SAYS I can do already? The right to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed. It doesn't say, "denied." It says, "infringed." Meaning even the smallest regulation put down is unconstitutional. The constitution allows me to keep AND bear arms. This doesn't just allow me to own one, but to carry it. TO BEAR IT! When you bear a burden, it means to carry it with you. I should be able to grab my sidearm, strap her on, and go about my merry way day in and day out without worry of being arrested. People can exercise their freedom of speech without worry, why can I not exercise my 2A rights the same way? What law maker looked at the second amendment and said, "the people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns unchecked, they might hurt themselves! Or me!!!!" I tell you lawmakers this. There will be a reckoning. You will push and push until we break. The right to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

*steps off his soapbox*

:patriot:

Have you been out acting like a free man again?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    True. As much as I don't like the setup as it stands...we do have it a lot better than most other states (I have a buddy who lives in downtown Chicago now, I don't think he is even allowed yeah for help if he is mugged...would probably result in a noise violation).

Every one on death row says the same thing. "At least I'm not THAT guy."

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah. I wont get caught without my permit cause I know I'll never be able to get one after that. I'm just tired of these stupid restrictions on something that was never meant to be restricted.

Yup, you have to make a decision - which is more important, your life, your families lives, the lives of other innocent men/women/children around you, or the restriction?

You have to make that decision, permit or no permit, Indiana or another state, whether or not they honor any permit or whether they outlaw handguns....

She followed the restriction:
    Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I've been carry permitless for almost 9 months now.

Is this an economic thing? When you're permit expired you didn't have the money to get it renewed/

If so I know what that's like. I was laid off about a year ago and my replacement job is considerably less income. When my permit was about to expire I payed the fee and just arranged the bills differently for a couple of weeks not being willing to go without a permit for awhile.

I wonder if we can setup some kind of fund for this sort of thing. everybody that can donate some small amount to be used as a loan for people stuck in this situation contingent on them paying it back. I know that's a nightmare to administer but something to think about.

Top Bottom