The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly About The Jericho 941.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcolt45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I am considering purchasing a Jericho 941. I have done a lot of research and from everything I have read, it is the perfect gun for me. I have small hands for a man but want a full sized steel framed sa/da 9mm with a decocker. Low recoil and accuracy are most my important considerations. Also I would like to stay around $500. I plan to keen this in my night stand and only fire it at the range so finding a holster or being able to conceal it are not considerations for me. Stress relief, peace of mind, and safety are at the top of my list.

I have shot a Beretta 92, a S&W MP and a Taurus 92. I liked the lower recoil of the Beretta over the S&W M&P and the smaller grip of the Beretta over the Taurus. Like many who have shot a Beretta I was not impressed with its accuracy.

This is my question. I cannot find a dealer in my area who carries one that I can hold and feel. This would be my first firearm. Would anyone recommend buying online without trying it first? Has anyone done this and been happy?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

jcolt45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    bman,

Before you bought your 8mm from buds had you had any experience with that type of gun? I have never held a Jericho or even seen one in person. Would you still recommend buying one online?

Jay

bman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    yes, I have bought a 40 and 45 jericho from buds since then. no, I have never held one before buying the 9mm. Did hold a cz 75 before buying the jericho. Read reviews online and looked at specs. the jericho weighs more, figured it would have a more solid feel to it. No regrets.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I own a Jericho 941 ( the RS 40. S&W ). I am still wanting to buy 3 more, in a 9mm, a 45, and 41. AE ( hard to find ). Houge offers a bunch of different grips for the jericho and i have also found many different types of holsters as well. if your looking for a holster for one i found it on itacdefense.com pretty cheap. Even though the jericho is a pretty heavy gun i still prefer it as my everyday carry.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Summary: I'm satisfied with my Jericho but it isn't suitable for carry if you can even find a proper holster for it. It's a solid, comfortable, accurate, and reliable firearm.
    QUOTE]

Check out Zahal.org. A Bing search yielded several holsters for the 941. Looked as if the Zahal hosters are indeed specifically for that particular firearm. Looks like that is a fine piece. Congrats on the purchase...

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Heres the belt holster I have for my Jericho. I bought it from
    isreali-weapons.com

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

i currently just ordered a holster like yours for my jericho 941 for isralei-weapons.com and i was wondering if you had any problems receiving your item from them? this is the first time i have ordered from them and i have no clue what to expect. i would really appreciate any help.

UKWildcats45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    I had one for a while -- Charles Daly version -- I like the pistol but it shot low and right and could not figure out how to repair or move sights to get it to shoot point of aim

CDNN has holsters -- Jericho Holsters -- but when I had mine I got a holster of Israel -- was not cheap.

UK

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I had one for awhile. Very nice shooter. Sure it is heavy, but for a nightstand gun I could ask for nothing more. It was comfortable to hold, low recoil, high capacity, and reliable. Should have never sold it, but such is life :(

fulcrum1532

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Had my Jericho 941 full size all steel version for quite sometime now. It was a very accurate FA low recoil. Actually, I was really surprised about my accuracy when I fired this gun. I tried Glock, Beretta, Para-Ordinance, Sigs but for me this is the most accurate. Its my EDC for a year now, I don't carry it in holsters as it is heavy I use a quick open body bag with 3 extra mags in it.

Now I'm looking of buying the Polymer compact version to replace my current EDC, I hope the accuracy is the same with the full steel.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I picked mine up in 9m on Monday and shot it Tuesday. My only disappointment is the lack of accessories. Other than that I can't wait to go back to the range with it. I see some think it's as butt-ugly as a glock, but I love the way it looks and I still think glocks are butt-ugly :).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have to disagree with the OP about the Jericho being "ugly". I consider it the "prettiest" of the CZ clones out there. The "Baby Eagle" has beautiful lines and as far as weight goes? A gun is a heavy responsibilty. Maybe it should have a little heft to remind one of that.

IMHO ofcourse.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have to disagree with the OP about the Jericho being "ugly". I consider it the "prettiest" of the CZ clones out there. The "Baby Eagle" has beautiful lines and as far as weight goes? A gun is a heavy responsibilty. Maybe it should have a little heft to remind one of that.

IMHO ofcourse.

I don't know how it is carrying it, but I definitely love how heavy it is with peace :D

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I used to have a Jericho 941, the original kit with both 9mm & 41 AE conversions in it.
    I carried that pistol till I wore the finish off the sides of it.
    I was a very heavy piece to conceal and tote around.
    At the time, .41 AE was really good round, it worked well to fill the gap between 9mm & .45 ACP.
    Unfortunatly .40 S&W came along and the rest was history.
    As I remember, it carried 12 rounds of .41 AE or 16 rounds of 9mm.
    12 rounds of .41 AE is a potent amount to carry.
    I really thought that the way the slide fit into the frame made it a really solid fit with little play.
    I really miss that pistol.
    I traded it for a nickel plated Colt Officer's ACP that was the biggest lemon I ever owned.
    I still regret that trade and someday I will find another 941.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, so it feels and looks pretty, I get it.

It's a gun review, how does it run?

Otherwise you might as well be reviewing women's shoes.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Ok, so it feels and looks pretty, I get it.

It's a gun review, how does it run?

Otherwise you might as well be reviewing women's shoes.

I bought my 9m because I've seen very little to no complaint about them (besides accessory availability) and because the Beretta 92A1 won't fit my hand. It shoots where I point it, no failures in its 100rnds (just got it), and it's got a soft little push for recoil (full-size steel). I can't wait til Saturday to put a few more boxes through it. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom