• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    One woman from a nearby town, but nowhere else close.
    I did send the "home page" to my village email asking if the Village had any plans to do anything like that for our town. (Of course, that was yesterday, so won't get a reply until tomorrow - if at all.) FEMA has an office "just down the road" (about 4 miles?)

As far as I know my village hasn't planned for ANY kind of emergency drill or emergency situation.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    One woman from a nearby town, but nowhere else close.
    I did send the "home page" to my village email asking if the Village had any plans to do anything like that for our town. (Of course, that was yesterday, so won't get a reply until tomorrow - if at all.) FEMA has an office "just down the road" (about 4 miles?)

As far as I know my village hasn't planned for ANY kind of emergency drill or emergency situation.
    The April 19th date is for Indiana only; everyone else will be playing on the 26th - as if that makes any sense...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    We'll do a quick practice drill tomorrow. I think the most important thing is that everyone knows what to do and how to do it very quickly, without much being said. It is different in that it is not something where an alarm will sound or where someone will come over the PA. The seat of your own pants is your alarm system for this type of situation.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I went to the web site to check it out. Their plan seems to be to get on the floor, crawl under a table, and hold onto it.

So how many here have a table that won't dance around the room if the New Madrid fault cuts loose? Or are you supposed to hold onto the table so it won't dance around the room?

Disaster preparedness that doesn't involve guns is just so confusing. Maybe that's why they want us to practice.

(Posted from underneath my computer table. Good thing I have a wireless keyboard and a long cord on the monitor.)

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    so i did participate... was mandatory :( got to sit on the dirty floor under a 24x36x36" desk and i am a 6' tall guy, FUN TIMES

Top Bottom