• ...and so much more!
  • jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    Hello all! I just placed an order for this scope at Optics Planet:

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF Riflescopes FREE S&H 8421, 8422, 8423. Nikon Monarch Riflescopes, Nikon Riflescopes.

I ordered it with the Mil-Dot reticle, bringing the price to $359.99. My $35 off coupon code brings the total to $324.99. Here's the kicker...it is on backorder until March 20th. :(

They do however have this in stock:

Bushnell 4-16x40 Matte AO Semi-Target Turrets Elite Riflescope FREE S&H E4164, E4164B. Bushnell Elite Riflescopes, Bushnell Riflescopes.

It is more money ($365 with code vs $325), has better parallax settings (20 to infinity vs 50 to infinity for the Nikon), but only has a basic reticle and lacks the side parallax adjustment (it is on the objective).

Does anyone have any experience to know whether the Bushnell is comparable or better? Should I just be patient since the weather is still crappy and the Nikon will be here just in time for spring? Thanks in advance!

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I've had a few Bushnelll Elites and think the Nikon glass is notably brighter. Have you checked out the Weavers at Natchezss.com? The 2-10x50 Super Slam w EBX has really nice glass, although it is not mildot. (about $345 w/ shipping)

After I got it, my Mark 4 4.5-14 was not even close during dusk at the same magnification. Also, Midway has a Weaver Grand Slam 3-10 w/ mildots for $300 that is almost as bright.

If you want to see either of these or the Bushnell Elite 5-15 w mildot for comparison, let me know.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've had a few Bushnelll Elites and think the Nikon glass is notably brighter. Have you checked out the Weavers at Natchezss.com? The 2-10x50 Super Slam w EBX has really nice glass, although it is not mildot.

After I got it, my Mark 4 4.5-14 was not even close during dusk at the same magnification. Also, Midway has a Weaver Grand Slam 3-10 w/ mildots for $300 that is almost as bright.

If you want to see either of these or the Bushnell Elite 5-15 w mildot for comparison, let me know.

alot of times folks love their leupold until they try somthing else.

take a look at these. both are avaibel in plex or bdc

Vortex Optics - Viper HS 4-16x44 V-Plex

Vortex Optics - Viper HS 2.5-10x44 V-Plex

if you have any questions or are interested let me know. im a vortex dealer, i match or beat anyprice you find, and i provide support before, durring, and after the purchase. my prices are a good bit lower than the vortex site

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I've had a few Bushnelll Elites and think the Nikon glass is notably brighter. Have you checked out the Weavers at Natchezss.com? The 2-10x50 Super Slam w EBX has really nice glass, although it is not mildot. (about $345 w/ shipping)

They had a Weaver at Optics Planet that had similar specs to the Nikon for about the same money, but my impression has been that the Nikon glass and construction is of better quality so I dismissed it. Perhaps I need to take a closer look at Weaver.

Thanks for the offer on checking out your scopes. I might just take you up on it when I get some time.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    alot of times folks love their leupold until they try somthing else.

take a look at these. both are avaibel in plex or bdc

Vortex Optics - Viper HS 4-16x44 V-Plex

Vortex Optics - Viper HS 2.5-10x44 V-Plex

if you have any questions or are interested let me know. im a vortex dealer, i match or beat anyprice you find, and i provide support before, durring, and after the purchase. my prices are a good bit lower than the vortex site

I've been taking a look at Vortex as well, but I have never seen one in person and the price was a little higher (not that it matters if it is better). I live a ways away in Elkhart IN, but I will be in Indy Friday and Saturday. Perhaps I had better pay you a visit!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've been taking a look at Vortex as well, but I have never seen one in person and the price was a little higher (not that it matters if it is better). I live a ways away in Elkhart IN, but I will be in Indy Friday and Saturday. Perhaps I had better pay you a visit!

im about 1 hour east of indy. come out, and bring somthing to shoot. i have a pretty decent reange in my back yard.

if you look at my scopes without leaving with one you will be the first person who has

Top Bottom