• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    Was that direct from the CMP or did you find that elsewhere?

I was looking at getting one of the rebuilt ones that the CMP converted to .308. But last I heard, they were not selling any Garands anymore.

In addition: what is the process now days? I recall there being steps (maybe even a class) necessary to order one from the CMP.
    I did not go directly through the cmp. It's my understanding that the cmp is only doing expert grade guns and I was being perticular. The criteria I was looking for is a gun made pre 1945 with as close to original parts as possible. I did not want a new stock or barrel.

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    OP: Do you plan to shoot it? I have an APR 1940 (37,XXX serial #) but it is too pretty to shoot...
    Yes I do plan to shoot it some, not a ton but I do intend to shoot the gun at least a few times. It sure is pretty and I have no doubt I'll drool over it more than I'll shoot it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    At some point the OP's rifle was in the possession of a retired Lilly employee out of Terre Haute that ran a table at the 1500 a few years back. He dealt pretty much only in Garands. That's where I got my tag.
    20220320_121331.jpg

Top Bottom