• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I was finally able to hold the forthcoming beavertial backstrap for the Glock Gen4 pistols last week. They are supposed to have them for the full size, compact & sub compact models but a release date is still unknown. For the Gen4 pistols I prefer the Glock offering but for a Gen1, 2 or 3 these are they way to go if you need an extended beavertail.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I saw this item a few months ago, and like you I originally dismissed the idea. I just ordered a set to take a closer look at them.
    Thanks for the heads up Paul.

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    I was finally able to hold the forthcoming beavertial backstrap for the Glock Gen4 pistols last week.

Unless Glock has changed it, the one that I saw covered the whole backstrap and was at least as thick as a Medium grip insert, if not the Large.:dunno:

On my Gen 4 guns, I do not use either of those, as I prefer the slimmer circumference.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They are supposed to make both a medium and large version to correspond with the existing backstraps. I initially ran my Gen4 pistols without a backstrap but the change in the grip affected my POI so I added the medium backstraps and everything was dandy. Old dog -new tricks thing I guess.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    In switching from Glock to M&P I know that I liked the extra "guide" aspect of the beavertail. I hadn't considered that it might also help with recoil control. Nice video Paul.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I like to think that improvement is a good thing. Im not sure this will be a solution to a problem that does not exist or a benefit I'm just unaware of. So I would be willing to try this product, it couldnt hurt and may just be the best thing since sliced bread.

One question I looked over the site and could not find information on how this is installed. Does it snap on, held on by screws or what?

OK disregard my question. If I looked closer there are actually instructions on the web site, duh.

Top Bottom