Just took my trash to the curb wearing this:

409789032.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Seriously! I pop up INGO on the iPhone to check some threads and that is the first thing I see. Not a cool way to start the morning.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I sleep in gym shorts and addressed this issue a long time ago, in case I need to grab and go.

I just keep a riggers belt with a holster and mag carrier for such occasions and just grab and wrap around my waistband, drop my t-shirt over to cover. I've done this for quick trips to the store or having to pick the kids up from somewhere.

Kinda like cowboys did with their gunbelts... why over complicate something?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I sleep in gym shorts and addressed this issue a long time ago, in case I need to grab and go.

I just keep a riggers belt with a holster and mag carrier for such occasions and just grab and wrap around my waistband, drop my t-shirt over to cover. I've done this for quick trips to the store or having to pick the kids up from somewhere.

Smart fellow here. :yesway:

The rare few times that I've been caught in odd situations that look as if they could go bad, without my normal carry setup, have been terrifying. Knowing what you are capable of without the tools to execute is devastating. Compromising caliber, capacity or carry method is asking for failure.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My riggers belt hangs by my bedroom window with my Fenix PD35 light attached.

20140716_191806.jpg

While I have a shotgun with light attached next to my bed for in-house issues, my Glock 19/Inforce APL combo follows me around the house all day long and sits on my night stand in it's IWB holster.
    20140716_192520.jpg

Prior to having the light attached to the Glock, I just kept an old Glock holster and mag carrier on the belt, gunslinger style. Now I can just quickly clip holster and spare mag carrier to the belt and go.

I actually have a perfect example... last Wednesday at 0230hrs, a drunk driver plowed into my wifes car, then hit a neighbors pickup truck. I flew out of bed and caught a glimpse of the truck as it drove off and gave the description to my wife as she was dialing 911. It took me all of 10 seconds to throw my belt around my waist, add the holster, cover with t-shirt and proceed to haul ass down the stairs to slip on some shoes and grab my wallet/keys.

We found the guy's truck shortly after that and the cops found him within an hour.

The reason I actually have a setup is sometime last year we had a police officer knocking on the door in the early morning hours looking for some kids. I realized then that I didn't have a good way to really answer the door with having a shotgun in hand or my pistol because our front door is a glass.

At one time, I kept my battle belt up by the bed instead, but that would be a funny one to explain at 3:30AM... "Yes officer?" lol

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think I'm going to copy your idea...

My riggers belt hangs by my bedroom window with my Fenix PD35 light attached.

20140716_191806.jpg

While I have a shotgun with light attached next to my bed for in-house issues, my Glock 19/Inforce APL combo follows me around the house all day long and sits on my night stand in it's IWB holster.
    20140716_192520.jpg

Prior to having the light attached to the Glock, I just kept an old Glock holster and mag carrier on the belt, gunslinger style. Now I can just quickly clip holster and spare mag carrier to the belt and go.

I actually have a perfect example... last Wednesday at 0230hrs, a drunk driver plowed into my wifes car, then hit a neighbors pickup truck. I flew out of bed and caught a glimpse of the truck as it drove off and gave the description to my wife as she was dialing 911. It took me all of 10 seconds to throw my belt around my waist, add the holster, cover with t-shirt and proceed to haul ass down the stairs to slip on some shoes and grab my wallet/keys.

We found the guy's truck shortly after that and the cops found him within an hour.

The reason I actually have a setup is sometime last year we had a police officer knocking on the door in the early morning hours looking for some kids. I realized then that I didn't have a good way to really answer the door with having a shotgun in hand or my pistol because our front door is a glass.

At one time, I kept my battle belt up by the bed instead, but that would be a funny one to explain at 3:30AM... "Yes officer?" lol

Top Bottom