• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    Democrats apparently have problems appreciating that fire is hot.

House Dems push assault weapons ban | TheHill

I sure wish conservatives had this kind of determination. They just won't quit and they use anything they can to press their agenda foward. In my opinion the NRA and conservitive groups needs to come out with strong opposition and push the idea that we need less gun control and more guns to solve the mass shooting. If the other side of the gun control debate was pursued with the same tenacity as the libs pursue their anti-gun crap we might actually get some of our rights BACK instead of being ok with just trying to keep anymore from being taken.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    “Assault weapons are designed for the sole purpose of killing as many people as quickly as possible,” Cicilline said in a statement to The Hill.

Leaving aside for a moment the fact that the very term is a falsehood in both intended meaning and literal translation and accepting, again, for a moment, their term "assault weapons" as applicable to the AR-pattern rifle pictured in the story, I need a question answered: If "assault weapons" are designed for the sole purpose of killing as many people as quickly as possible... just exactly why is it that our many police agencies around the country are armed with those very items under the name "patrol rifles"... some of which, if I recall, are still capable of three-round-burst automatic fire, unlike those readily available to non-LEOs?

Why would that be, Mr. Cicilline?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    “Assault weapons are designed for the sole purpose of killing as many people as quickly as possible,” Cicilline said in a statement to The Hill.

Leaving aside for a moment the fact that the very term is a falsehood in both intended meaning and literal translation and accepting, again, for a moment, their term "assault weapons" as applicable to the AR-pattern rifle pictured in the story, I need a question answered: If "assault weapons" are designed for the sole purpose of killing as many people as quickly as possible... just exactly why is it that our many police agencies around the country are armed with those very items under the name "patrol rifles"... some of which, if I recall, are still capable of three-round-burst automatic fire, unlike those readily available to non-LEOs?

Why would that be, Mr. Cicilline?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I sure wish conservatives had this kind of determination. They just won't quit and they use anything they can to press their agenda foward. In my opinion the NRA and conservitive groups needs to come out with strong opposition and push the idea that we need less gun control and more guns to solve the mass shooting. If the other side of the gun control debate was pursued with the same tenacity as the libs pursue their anti-gun crap we might actually get some of our rights BACK instead of being ok with just trying to keep anymore from being taken.

They do. Tilting at windmills over Obamacare repeal lately.

has no hope of passing through Congress, however, given opposition from Republicans.

Right. Playing to the base.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The AR Platform rifle is the most popular rifle in the US. With that many AR's in existence you would think bodies would be piled up everywhere stacked like cord wood on a daily basis. My AR platform rifle that I own is not designed to do anything that I do not wish it to do.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The dc leadership is designed for the sole purpose of stealing as much money as possible from taxpayers and distributing it to those that pay them for it, enriching themselves in the process.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Look at their repeated attempts to repeal the ACA, and the coverage that receives.

If only the Democrats showed the same deference to the Constitution that they show to the ACA
    1466271_395387833927734_1666269377_n_zpsdmour6zv.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Like maybe banding together and repeal a bunch of anti-gun laws. That would be nice.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I've been looking at rocks in my landscaping....wondering which ones I'll register as assault rocks. I'll have to keep a few for long distance and a few of the boulders will be reserved for those flaming liberals...close range, crushed skulls.....:bat:

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    The only "assault weapons" I see that need to be banned are also known as Liberals. I wish the liberals would just ban themselves.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

They do. Tilting at windmills over Obamacare repeal lately.

Right. Playing to the base.

You gotta hand it to the democrats. Whether with the recent Indy ordinance they passed or with this AWB 2.0, they keep pressing. No defeat is bad enough, no acrimony of wasting time and money is loud enough to stop them from trying again. Contrast this with the republicans. Now that an election is coming up, where they might want us God fearing, gun totin rednecks to vote for them, the Senate FINALLY gets a bill passed to repeal ObamaCare that might reach his desk someday. And there's nothing coming from the R side of the aisle as offensive (not offending but in advancing a cause) as this crap that comes from the D side of the aisle.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Unfortunately for us passing more laws is the ONLY THING they know how to do - they have no other skills besides lying like dogs to get elected and re-elected. And they HAVE to do something and they HAVE to appear to be doing their job. Even though we have 800,00 laws in the U.S. Code - more is better somehow.

Top Bottom